Campus Visit Coordinator
Lynn University is an innovative, global and personalized college based in Boca Raton, Florida. Our 3,000 students are from approximately 100 countries. Our NCAA Division II Fighting Knights athletics program has won 25 national championships (and counting!)
The Chronicle of Higher Education consistently recognizes us as a "Great College to Work For" with high scores in compensation and benefits; work/life balance; job satisfaction; respect and appreciation, and more.
As a Lynn employee, you will help us build a better world with our students. Lynn is currently accepting applications for the position of Campus Visit Coordinator.
Reporting to the Senior Associate Director of Enrollment Management, the Campus Visit Coordinator will be responsible for creating an exemplary campus visit experience both in-person and virtually for prospective students, families and educators. The campus visit experience at Lynn University takes a highly individualized and personalized approach to showcasing the university's academic, cultural, social and athletic environments to visitors and works to schedule events at the best time for the visitors. The campus visit program plays a vital role in the success of the Office of Admission and has been recognized nationally in University Business, Inside Higher Ed and the New York Times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the daily campus visit program for prospective students, families and educators.
- Serve as the consistent point of contact throughout the pre-visit process.
- Assist with the programming and execution of individual, group and online visits to campus.
- Ascertain each visitor's individual needs to create a personalized and comprehensive visit itinerary for prospective students that include meetings with staff of the Office of Admission, deans, faculty, university staff and current students.
- Collaborate with faculty and staff to ensure their participation for a dynamic and engaging visit experience for varying audiences.
- Assist with the management of the campus visit experience inventory of materials and supplies.
- Assist in hiring, training and managing the Student Admission Ambassador Leadership Team (SAALT) comprised of 13-15 students and the Student Admission Ambassador (SAA) program comprised of 75+ students.
- Assist Office of Admission student supervisors in the hiring and management of their student staff.
- Collect and analyze data on all visitors to campus in order to determine new strategies to enhance the yield of the campus visit program.
- Consistently raise the awareness of the importance of the campus visit experience among campus community members.
- Assist in coordinating special events for the Office of Admission.
- Provide leadership to the Campus Visit Specialists who assist with all campus visit programs both on-campus and online.
- Stay abreast of trends in higher education and visitor services industries, where relevant.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, leadership, organizational and programming skills.
- Ability to clearly and persuasively articulate university programs and offerings to prospective students.
- Skilled at interacting and communicating with varying audiences in small and large settings.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to relate to a diverse group of management and staff.
- Strong supervisory skills and ability to provide feedback and manage performance.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently and effectively solve problems independently.
- Ability to work a varied schedule with flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
- Knowledge of social media platforms and basic interactions in order to communicate with prospective students.
- Demonstrated ability at planning and organizing multiple projects and tasks.
- Ability to learn and apply institutional policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools and ability to become familiar with recruitment software programs.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team environment.
- Must be detail oriented and able to prioritize work effectively.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university required. Candidates with a master's degree will be given preference.
- Two years of progressive admission and higher education experience required.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy, parenting status, veteran status or retirement status in its activities and programs. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the Lynn University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431, firstname.lastname@example.org, or +1 561-237-7727; or to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, master's and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2020 Lynn UniversityAmericans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling +1 561-237-7639.The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed disclosure of information regarding campus security practices (including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency Warnings, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at lynn.edu/securityreportFor your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boca Raton
- Student Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boca Raton
- Other Student Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boca Raton
- Student Activities & Services Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boca Raton