Career Services Executive Director
Career Services Executive Director
Indiana State University (ISU) seeks a dynamic and collaborative leader to serve as the Executive Director of the Career Center. Reporting to the Vice President for University Engagement, the executive director is responsible for carrying out the vision, strategic direction and daily operations of a centralized, comprehensive career center. The Career Center plays a central and leading role in the University’s strategic plan. The Executive Director will be responsible for developing and leading a staff of 12 and overseeing an action-oriented, forward-thinking unit responsible for delivering high quality career services in support of the mission and strategic priorities of the University and its academic programs. The portfolio of the Executive Director includes employer relations, career exploration and development, internships and student employment. The Career Center is housed in a stand-alone, recently renovated building in the heart of campus.
Founded in 1865, Indiana State University is a comprehensive, state-assisted public institution offering degrees through the doctoral level. The Princeton Review has recognized ISU as one of the “Best in the Midwest” for 13 years in a row. ISU provides students a high-quality education infused with experiential learning, community engagement and career readiness. ISU’s commitment to career readiness features prominently in our strategic plan. Inclusive excellence is valued and lived by the ISU community. Minority students constitute 27 percent of current enrollees, giving ISU the most diverse student population of all public residential universities in Indiana. While the majority of students are from Indiana, the university also attracts students from throughout the United States and more than 70 countries. Indiana State has a long tradition of serving underrepresented populations; more than half of freshmen are Pell-eligible, and a large percentage of enrollees are first-generation college students. In addition, the university has the largest percentage of 21st Century Scholars, Indiana’s scholarship program for students from low-income households.
Minimum qualifications include a master’s degree and a track record of supervisory and leadership experience focused on promoting career and student development in higher education. The successful candidate will be an energetic and strategic leader who brings a contemporary, forward-thinking view of career services to the role and is comfortable with a high degree of visibility both on campus and in the community. The successful candidate must be committed to supporting diverse students and advancing an inclusive environment and fostering authentic engagement with internal and external constituents.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides leadership, vision, and strategic planning guidance to the staff of the Career Center. Ensures appropriate and effective training, staff evaluation, and professional development.
• Oversees, delegates, manages and assigns all programs and services offered by the Career Center. Directs the allocation of all fiscal, staffing, facilities, and technology resources in support of Career Center activities.
• Collaborates with academic and administrative offices and departments across the entire campus community. Serves as the primary spokesperson and advocate for Career Center services and programs. Attends various committee and working group meetings, representing the Career Center and Division of University Engagement..
• Develops strong, on-going relationships with alumni, employers that hire recent college graduates and other external partners. Promotes Indiana State University to this constituency.
• Ensures appropriate assessment of University-wide career readiness activities and Career Center programs and services. Directs administration of the annual First Destination Survey.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Application Process: The position will remain open until filled. For full consideration, submit application materials by April 19, 2021. All application materials must be submitted online at https://jobs.indstate.edu/postings/33712.
Indiana State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All are encouraged to apply including women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Terre Haute
- Student Affairs Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Terre Haute
- Career Services Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Terre Haute
- Executive Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Terre Haute
- Executive Directors Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Terre Haute