Assistant Dean/Director of Admissions
The College of Health Sciences at California Northstate University, a vibrant, rapidly growing undergraduate college in the greater Sacramento area, is actively inviting applications for the position of Assistant Dean/Director of Admissions. We are looking for an innovative leader, with management experience, that brings an understanding of marketing, recruitment and enrollment best practices based in data driven approaches. We expect this leader to have broad oversight and at the same time a hands-on management approach. Reporting directly to the Dean of the College, the Assistant Dean/Director of Admissions will provide leadership as far as all marketing, recruitment and enrollment activities of first-time freshmen, transfer, and post-baccalaureate students.
Job Classification: Full-time, exempt
Benefits: Per California Northstate University employee benefits
Salary: DOE and Degree (Masters 80-95K; Doctorate 90-105K)
Closing Date: Position Open until Filled
Review of Applications: Reviewed upon receipt
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as a candidate is selected for the position.
California Northstate University College of Health Sciences is a community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to the mission of transforming education in the health sciences. We are a team-oriented group interested in supporting a student centered and innovative educational environment and seek individuals interested in excelling at their own immediate responsibilities and contributing to the College and University as a whole.
Job Description: This position is directly responsible for developing strategies and actions to facilitate enrollment. This includes strategic planning, development, implementations, tracking, and evaluation of all College activities in marketing, student recruitment, enrollment and admissions. It requires a working knowledge of current best-practices in marketing and recruitment, data-driven admissions forecast, and strategic management.
Responsibilities (not meant to be exhaustive):
- Responsible for leading recruitment, admission and outreach services, personnel and processes
- Develop an innovative and comprehensive strategic enrollment management plan
- Collaborate with university administrators to prepare Enrollment Agreements and update the application portal
- Plan, coordinate and create marketing and advertising materials and media
- Head all student recruitment efforts; attend recruitment activities
- Monitor and plan the Admissions budget
- Work collaboratively with University personnel to maximize enrollment and admissions
- Serves on the admissions committee
- Manage the application, interview, and acceptance process of new students
- Oversight of the collection and recording of registration/admissions documentation
- Coordinates admissions process with the offices of financial aid and registrar
- Coordinate with outside agencies, parents, and alumni
- Work with the Office of Academic and Student Affairs to develop articulation agreements with feeder institutions of the College
- Participate in the production of reports for various purposes and analysis of success metrics
- Engage in professional development as needed to keep abreast of current issues related to Admissions
- Collaborate with programmatic assessment and participate in all accreditation and regulatory processes
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Earned master degree (for Director of Admissions) or doctorate (for Assistant Dean) in health professions, educational discipline, or basic science
- At least three (3) years of experience in educational administration, preferably in admissions (for Director of Admissions), at management level
- At least three (5) years of experience in educational administration, preferably in admissions (for Assistant Dean), at the level of program director or department head
- Good management and leadership skills when working with individuals or teams
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong commitment to excellence in education, scholarly activities, and service
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Experience with SEVIS and immigration, or willingness to learn
- Occasional weekend work required
- Occasional travel also required
Applicants should submit:
- Cover letter of interest that addresses qualifications, experience and career goals (please include your reason of interest in working at California Northstate University)
- Names, addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three (3) professional references
Please send application materials to the HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org, or California Northstate University, 9700 West Taron Drive, Elk Grove, CA 95757.
California Northstate University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please note that although the main campus for California Northstate University is located in Elk Grove, CA, this position is located at California Northstate University, College of Health Sciences, in Rancho Cordova, CA.
Apply for Assistant Dean/Director of Admissions
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly