The Joseph J. Zilber School of Public Health, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (UWM), invites applications for a full-time Senior Lecturer/Lecturer with an anticipated start date of July 1, 2021. This position is a fixed-term, renewable appointment with the possibility for indefinite status. The Zilber School offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
UWM is Wisconsin’s premier urban research institution with Carnegie-designated R1 status. UWM is a public urban university offering comprehensive liberal arts and professional education at the undergraduate and graduate levels. This university takes pride in its dedicated urban access mission, teaches a more diverse body than any other UW System school, and is deeply committed to academic excellence and diversity in its student body, faculty and staff. The 93-acre campus is located on Milwaukee’s Upper East Side, one of the city’s most attractive residential areas on the shore of Lake Michigan, with easy proximity to major league sports, entertainment, culture, and dining.
Initiated by a powerful combination of academic leaders, community advocates and investors, and local officials; UWM’s Zilber School of Public Health strives to be an innovative, interdisciplinary, ‘next generation’ School of Public Health. Our School values excellence in education, research, and leadership, and promotes participatory community engagement, strategies and policies, all to foster transformational change for improving health and health equity. Ours is the newest school at the UW System’s major metropolitan campus, which is a Carnegie-designated Doctoral/Research-Extensive institution undergoing dynamic growth toward expanded research excellence.
The Zilber School currently offers a Bachelor of Science in Public Health (BSPH), Master of Public Health (MPH) and PhD degrees in four public health concentrations.
The primary responsibilities in this position will be teaching public health undergraduate and graduate courses. There will be some Master of Public Health (MPH) advising responsibilities. Our focus is broad, and we encourage applications from people with teaching interests across the public health spectrum, including (but not limited to) public health policy and administration, biostatistics, environmental health, health promotion, and epidemiology. Those with expertise complementary to public health are also encouraged to apply (e.g., public administration, sociology, statistics, urban studies, health education, political science).
- Terminal degree (e.g., PhD, DrPH) in public health or related field. Degree must be granted by date of hire.
- Candidate must demonstrate potential for excellence in teaching.
- Terminal degree in Public Health.
- Experience or expertise in teaching a variety of public health courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in the public health field.
This is a continuous recruitment. Review of applications will begin March 23, 2021 and continue until the position is filled. Applications received after April 28, 2021, may not receive full consideration. Applicants must apply online. Completed online applications must include: (a) a cover letter describing teaching interests, (b) a resume/CV, (c) a teaching statement describing approach, experience, and evidence of teaching excellence. To apply for this position, please use the following links: https://jobs.uwm.edu/postings/30555
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Milwaukee
- Health & Medicine Adjunct $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Milwaukee
- Other Health & Medicine Adjunct $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Milwaukee
- Professional Fields Adjunct $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Milwaukee
- Public Administration & Policy Adjunct $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Milwaukee