Assistant Director, Student Learning Initiatives #605241
The Assistant Director oversees academic support programs and services provided by the Academic Success Centers including Tutoring, Peer Academic Coaching, the Math Achievement Program, and the Learning Specialist program. The Assistant Director reports to the Director of the Academic Success Centers.
- Supervise Tutoring, Peer Academic Coaching and Learning Specialist Coordinators.
- Set standards and expectations for the selection, training, and evaluation of student employees.
- Assists with student employee supervision for tutoring program.
- Provide onsite supervision and leadership of tutor, desk assistant, and coaching operations.
- Collaborate with faculty members to provide successful academic support programs
- Maintain partnerships and ensure coordination of satellite locations for tutoring services, including the Honors College, Athletics, and the Native American Cultural Center.
- Oversee academic support programming, such as academic and in-class workshops.
- Promote and oversee Weekly Tutoring Program services, which provide academic support to underrepresented students and develop communication strategies with WTP partner departments.
- Partner with faculty to integrate learning strategies into NAU courses and communicate curricular changes:
- Work with the Faculty Development Program to create faculty workshops.
- Meet 1:1 with faculty to conduct needs assessments and provide guidance on how to embed learning strategies into their courses.
- Assess the overall effectiveness of the tutoring, and coaching programs:
- Maintain integrity of data for Tutor Trac database.
- Evaluate effectiveness of tutoring and coaching programs and analyze results and make recommendations.
- Gather and analyze all data and submit monthly, semester and annual reports per established guidelines.
- Coordinate program marketing utilizing a variety of strategies and methods.
- Develop a positive image of the ASCs through contacts with students, parents, staff and faculty; work with a diverse student and employee population using awareness of multicultural issues to support an effective work and service-oriented environment.
- Budget management:
- Monitor and manage budgetary allocations and expenditures for the tutoring and coaching programs.
- Prepare budget proposals and recommendations for programs.
- Oversees tutoring and department charges.
- Coordinate staff for all campus presentations, including Orientation, Discover NAU, and class visits.
- In conjunction with the ASC leadership team, plan and direct staff meetings.
- Serves as a member of the ASCs leadership team by participating in strategic planning, staffing decisions and ASC management.
- Participates in University-wide committees as assigned.
- Support and maintain CRLA Certification of tutoring and coaching program.
- Other duties as assigned.
Master's degree in field appropriate to area of assignment AND
four years administrative/coordinative program experience.
Previous experience working with academic support programs in a higher education setting.
Experience working with diverse populations and a commitment to
Ability to create and maintain a supportive, welcoming environment for students.
Familiarity with metacognitive learning strategies.
Experience with program assessment and development.
Knowledge of SalesForce, TutorTrac, or similar systems/databases.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the Human Resources website or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.