Systems Serv Tech II
Responsible for the administration of computer systems.Responsibilities
Typical Allocation of Duties:
Install, test, maintain, and monitor -
Install, test, maintain, and monitor computer programs and systems.
Troubleshoot malfunctions - 20%
Troubleshoot program and system malfunctions to restore normal functioning.
Confer with clients - 20%
Confer with clients regarding the nature or information processing and computational needs.
Coordinate and link - 20%
Coordinate and link computer systems to increase compatibility and so information can be shared.
Develop and implement plans - 20%
Analyze needs and plans, designs, and implements computer system to meet those needs.
- Manage and support endpoint protection servers and endpoint management software
- Manage services that provide anti- virus protection for endpoints.
- Manage and support client/server workgroup servers for supporting of various department workloads (Windows Server 2012 – 2019, Windows 7-10, Mac OSX)
- Support application services that provide and maintain systems for call center/helpdesk.
- Support remote access services for virtual, lab, and office desktops
- Assist with OS image design for both physical and virtual desktops, software automation and packaging. (PowerShell and Batch scripting)
- Assist with the monitoring of systems and services for the identity and endpoint infrastructure.
- Assist the Identity and Endpoint Systems Manager in coordinating and reporting of endpoint solutions with Technical Support Services, Inventory Control, and Information Security.
- Assist with documentation, knowledge sharing, and training with endpoint management systems.
- Assist with project planning on various Information Technology projects.
- Produce reports to assist with both audits and capacity planning for endpoint systems.
Associate's degree and three (3) years of related work experience. Experience can be substituted for education.
$47,860Conditions of Employment
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check. Position May Require Credit Check (if using P-Card, working with Cash, etc.).
Position Requires completion of VSU’s Annual Compliance Training course (such as State Business Transactions, Drug Free Workplace, Anti-Harassment Policy, Introduction to Information Security, Workers Compensation, Motor Vehicle Policy, USG Ethics Policy, Conflict of Interest/ Outside Activities Policy, Leave Procedures for Faculty and Staff, Georgia Open Records Act, Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), and Contracts 101. Supervisory positions require training in FMLA and Worker’s Compensation.