Director of Academic IT
POSITION SUMMARY: The Division of Information Technology at Jackson State University is accepting applications for its Director of Academic IT position.
Minimum Required Education: Master's degree required in Computer Science or related field; Ph.D. preferred.
Minimum Required Experience: At least four (4) years of relevant experience in computer science, technical management or a related field.
- Current knowledge of information/educational technology applications and innovation in the industry.
- Competence in learning management systems, Canvas preferred.
- Competence in working on multiple platforms (Apple, Microsoft, Unix, Linux).
- Working knowledge of networking concepts and strategies.
- Very strong communication and management skills.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads collaboration efforts with faculty regarding existing technologies and their implementation to solve academic challenges.
- Provides consultation services for faculty in instructional design, strategies, and implementation of innovative technologies to meet academic and curricular goals.
- Facilitates the development of applications, learning modules, videos, and web sites to support curricular needs.
- Leads research of current and emerging technology tools and considering how they might be used at JSU.
- Communicates with faculty, staff, and students about technology tools and/or teaching/learning trends.
- Makes recommendations on educational best practices for using technology to enhance teaching and learning.
- Ensures that IT training sessions are offered for faculty.
- Provides support for existing cyber learning tools.
- Perform other duties as assigned.