Contract Administrator, Office of Sponsored Programs
The Office of Sponsored Programs, in association with the Office of Research and Innovation, is seeking a Contract Administrator.
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Contracts Administrator provides support for the administration and processing of contracts and agreements for sponsored research projects across the university. Drafts, reviews, and negotiates various types of contracts, cooperative agreements, and subcontracts with private, industry and federal partners on behalf of the University.
- Identify, define, and resolve issues related to sponsored project contracting activities in accordance with federal, other government, funding agency, and institutional policies and regulations.
- Support Drexel's research community in the administration of contracts and agreements for externally sponsored projects, funded and unfunded, providing expertise, customer service, and support.
- Utilize and maintain systems and procedures related to processing of contracts and agreements.
- Consult with the Assistant Director of Contracts regarding issues and solutions.
- Interacts with a wide variety of faculty and professional staff across the University, as well as representatives of various public and private research sponsors for scholarly and pedagogical activities.
- Promote and cultivate relationships with faculty and university administrators.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of 3 years relevant work experience including but not limited to contract drafting, reviewing and negotiating
- The ability to comprehend federal, state and local grant contract regulations and restrictions and sponsor guidelines
- Contract negotiation skills
- Familiarity with generally accepted accounting principles
- Knowledge of computer applications
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and process large amounts of information
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse clientele both verbally and in writing
- Work as a member of a large, complex support team
- Must be a good communicator and relationship builder
- Experience working at a non-profit or academic research institution
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
- Typically standing, walking
- Typically bending, crouching, stooping
University City, Philadelphia, PA
This position is classified as Exempt with a salary grade of K. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will continue until a suitable candidate pool is identified.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Philadelphia
- Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Philadelphia
- Institutional Research & Planning Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Philadelphia
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Philadelphia
- Grants & Contracts Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Philadelphia