Visiting Assistant Professor of Astrophysics
Randolph-Macon College invites applications for a Visiting Assistant Professor of Astrophysics to begin August 30, 2021. This is a one-year position with the potential for renewal.
- A PhD in Astrophysics, Astronomy, or a related field at the time of appointment.
- Prior experience teaching astrophysics, physics, and astronomy.
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching at a liberal arts college.
- Demonstrated experience or interest mentoring historically underrepresented students.
- A strong interest in continued scholarship.
- Teaching load of 24-contact hours (lab and lecture) in astrophysics, physics, and astronomy.
- Supervising undergraduate research projects.
- Operation of the Keeble Observatory which houses a Ritchey-Chretien telescope with a 40 cm primary mirror.
- Assisting with student recruitment, retention, and mentoring.
Institution Information: Randolph-Macon College, founded in 1830, is a selective, primarily residential liberal arts college with an enrollment of 1500 students located in the northern suburbs of Richmond, Virginia. It is 90 miles south of Washington, DC and 15 miles north of Richmond. The College seeks employees committed to advancing inclusion and equity and to cultivating a community that welcomes all people, regardless of race, gender, disability, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or gender expression. Of special interest are candidates who can further the College’s efforts to foster diversity, equity, and inclusion.
To apply, please send the following as a single pdf document to Ms. Sabrina Granderson, Administrative Services Coordinator (SabrinaGranderson@rmc.edu) with “Astrophysics Search” in the subject line.
- Letter of application
- Curriculum vitae
- A brief (one page) statement of teaching philosophy
- A brief (one page) statement of research interests
- A brief (one page) statement describing past, present, and future (planned) contributions to equity, diversity, and inclusion in higher education
- Graduate transcripts (scanned copies acceptable)
- Names and contact details of two referees, at least one of whom can speak directly to teaching experience and ability
Review of applications will begin April 19th and will continue until the position is filled. Questions can be directed to Professor Deonna Woolard, Department Chair, at email@example.com
Apply for Visiting Assistant Professor of Astrophysics
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly