Director of Undergraduate Admissions
As Emporia State University focuses on changing the lives of students, we are experiencing a sense of excitement and expectation for the future! We are actively seeking an energetic, positive, data-driven, organized individual to fill the Director of Undergraduate Admissions position with our Admissions team. This position is based out of Emporia, Kansas. This position works year-round, and is eligible for a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, paid vacation, 403b retirement with employer match, tuition assistance, and much more.
The Director is responsible for managing all Office of Undergraduate Admissions operations and staff. Responsibilities include:
- Provide strategic and tactical leadership to all aspects of university undergraduate admissions functions. In collaboration with the Assistant Provost, serve as a key strategist in the development of a high-functioning recruitment and enrollment plan using in-depth market analysis, data examination and best practices.
- Develop and maintain key relationships with multiple internal and external constituencies, including but not limited to ESU faculty and staff, Student Affairs, alumni, high school counselors, community college administration, Emporia community members, etc.
- Work closely with ESU Marketing and Media Relations to develop effective recruitment communications and materials for undergraduate programs.
- Create and provide routine reports and responsive analytics to internal and external (where appropriate) constituencies.
- Develop, implement, and monitor the department’s budget.
- Select, train, and ensure appropriate evaluation and feedback of Admissions team members.
- Intentionally develop a student centric culture with clearly defined shared values that aligns with the university mission.
Qualified applicants will have a master’s degree or higher, at least five years of experience in a position requiring progressively higher levels of administrative and supervisory capacity, experience using data analysis to inform strategies and decisions, and experience with recruiting and admissions or similar type programs. Applicants must possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal, including public speaking ability. Salary range $60,000 to $80,000 based on experience and qualifications.
To apply, upload a letter of application, a resume, unofficial transcripts, and contact information (names, phone numbers, and email addresses) for three references at https://bit.ly/398RvwQ. Screening of applications will begin Monday, April 19, 2021, and will continue until the position is filled. A background check is required.
Emporia State is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other factors which cannot be considered by law.