Fitness Coordinator | Venture Out Coordinator
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director for Fitness Programs, the Fitness Coordinator will assist with planning and coordination of a comprehensive fitness program including group exercise, personal training, strength and conditioning, fitness assessment, small and large group training, instructional programs, special events, and student development. Other job responsibilities include but are not limited to: supervising student staff; teaching for credit courses (group exercise instruction, personal training instruction, activity courses); organizing programs, events and activities; promoting health and wellness for the campus community; developing new and improving existing fitness programs; and supporting all areas of Recreational Sports.
Bachelor's degree in Exercise Science, Recreation or Sports Management, Physical Education, or related field; A minimum of one (1) certification in group exercise and/or personal training as recognized by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA). Accepted certifications include: ACSM, ACE, NSCA, NASM, or other meeting the same criteria. First Aid & CPR/AED Certifications; Demonstrated management experience of a comprehensive fitness program (relative GA experience will be considered).
Master's degree in Exercise Science, Recreation or Sports Management, Physical Education, or related field; American Council on Exercise Personal Trainer and Group Fitness Instructor Certification; Two or more specialty certifications such as: Les Mills, USAW, CSCS, RYT, ACE Specialty Certificate ; Demonstrated experience in the advancement of diversity and inclusive programming; Demonstrated experience in supervising, leading, and evaluating fitness program staff; Knowledge and ability to effectively use technology systems that support fitness program management and sales.
Venture Out Coordinator
The Venture Out Coordinator for Challenge Course and Adventure
Programs works with and assists the Assistant Director in the
administrative management of all operations and programming aspects
of Virginia Tech’s comprehensive outdoor program; Venture
This Coordinator will primarily oversee the day-to-day operations of the Venture Out Challenge Course and Team Building program, including maintenance, development and implementation of custom experiential education programs for university users and community partners. Additionally, this position will aid in the recruitment, supervision, training, evaluation, scheduling and documentation of student staff skill development/progression; support in the supervision of program logistics while leading and evaluating selected programs (i.e. trips, clinics, workshops, trainings, and challenge course sessions) while ensuring risk management planning and execution meet program standards. This will include some nights, overnight, weekend and week-long field work, as well as serving as “on-call” via phone for incident management. Other duties may include, but are not limited to, direct collaboration for achievement of the vision, mission, and strategic goals of Venture Out.
The Coordinator reports directly to the Assistant Director for Venture Out and works in conjunction with members of the Recreational Sports staff to enhance the quality of life for the university community by educating and encouraging participation in activities that promote healthy lifestyles, creating inclusive spaces and social interactions for all, determination, and leadership skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Outdoor Recreation, Recreation
Management, Sports Management or related fields of education and
- Outdoor recreation and leadership portfolio (i.e. documented challenge course and team building facilitation, climbing wall operations, and adventure trip leading experience)
- Experience facilitating on Challenge Courses, Aerial Parks, or High Ropes Courses.
- Wilderness First Responder (or higher) certification
- Master’s Degree in Outdoor Recreation, Leadership, Education
or other relevant field - Knowledge of experiential education and
outdoor leadership pedagogy
- Experience working with Federal, State and Local Governments to obtain recreational permits
- Experience leading multi-day, wilderness-based trips (ex. Outward Bound, NOLS, etc.)
- Industry certifications (ex. ACCT Level II, AMGA SPI, ACA Level 4 Canoeing, Mental Health First Aid, etc.)
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Student Affairs Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Athletics Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Other Student Affairs Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Student Activities & Services Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Blacksburg