Position Extended: Director of Instructional Systems Technology
Position Extended: Director of Instructional Systems
Full-time, 12 months per year. Collaborates with faculty and administration to establish vision, implement new directions, and assure high quality course design and delivery, with a focus on technology-enhanced instruction in both synchronous and asynchronous applications. Provides leadership in instructional design by facilitating technology-rich teaching and learning through collaborative curricular innovation. Works to develop, implement, assess, and continuously improve strategies that facilitate use of best practices in formal and informal instructional settings, including online, hybrid, interactive media, and face-to-face courses. Leading the college's online learning initiatives, the successful candidate will assume overall responsibility for distance learning, facilitating program development and innovation, and assuring that these programs are fully integrated with college services and have adequate technical and administrative support. Assures that optimal conditions exist for teaching and learning in the technology-enhanced environment.
- Provides leadership in the development of strategic approaches to the integration of technology with the delivery of curriculum throughout the college including responsibility for relevant components of planning processes.
- Develops, in collaboration with others, a JCC plan for online/ distance learning.
- Collaborates with the admissions and marketing teams on specific strategies to optimize online enrollment and showcase the use of technology across all instructional modes.
- Assures quality in current applications of instructional technologies through the Online SUNY Course Quality Review (OSCQR) rubric and other tools informed by best practices.
- Identifies emerging opportunities for product development that support enrollment growth and competitive positioning.
- Provides administrative and technical support for all instructional technology to improve learning outcomes, facilitate technology-rich teaching, and advance curricular innovation.
- Formulates and provides a professional development program designed to support faculty in the design, development, and delivery of curriculum and instruction using computer-mediated communications, cognitive and interactive media tools, and sound research-based course design for both in-person and distance learning opportunities.
- Maintains awareness of best practices, emerging technologies, and new opportunities in educational technology that may be adopted as new and emerging instructional media, technologies, pedagogies, and practices.
- Coordinates with the college’s Information Technology department to ensure adequate technology infrastructure to meet goals of technology-enhanced curricula.
- Assists in the selection and specification of technology used in instruction (software and hardware) and coordinates assessment of its use.
- Administers specialized software packages as may be required by faculty and overall instructional initiatives.
- Supports student access to and success with instructional systems technology.
- Implements strategies for continuous improvement of the college’s learning management system (LMS) and acts as co-administrator of the LMS.
- Serves as the college’s liaison to statewide and other consortiums which have as their goal the adoption, scale-up, and implementation of instructional systems technology initiatives, such as those related to SUNY Online.
- Facilitates, coordinates, and leads the college’s efforts in support of these endeavors.
- Co-chairs the Academic Resources and Technology faculty standing committee.
- Participates in relevant college policy and planning committees and processes.
- Prepares and justifies annual budget requests and administers the funds allocated.
- Locates and secures sources of grant funding and donations, as appropriate.
- Regular attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required: Master’s degree in instructional or educational technology or related field; or a bachelor’s degree with commensurate relevant experience. Minimum of three years directly-related experience designing and implementing technology-enhanced pedagogy; broad knowledge of instructional design relevant to higher education, course design for online/hybrid courses, universal design principles, accessibility standards and assessment; evidence of effective interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to update and maintain current knowledge and skills in a rapidly changing technology environment with a willingness to continuously learn and adapt to the evolving needs of the college. Excellent coordinating and organizational skills.
Preferred: College-level teaching experience and experience working with adult learners. Grant and proposal writing experience.
Salary: $58,059 - $77,408, commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus excellent benefits package. Final candidates are subject to a pre-employment criminal background investigation.
Please note that Jamestown Community College does not sponsor H-1B Visas.
Review of applications will commence immediately and continue until position is filled.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, proof of graduation, transcripts, and a list of three professional references to: https://www.sunyjcc.edu/jobs.
JCC maintains a continued commitment to equal employment opportunity and expects and requires the full cooperation of all faculty, staff and employees.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Jamestown
- Education Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Jamestown
- Instructional Technology & Design Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Jamestown
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Jamestown
- Other Science & Technology Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Jamestown