School Age/Preschool Child Development Associate
Position Type Civil Service Classification Title Child Development Associate Position's Functional Title School Age/Preschool Child Development Associate Position Start Date Position End Date (if temporary) Position Summary
The School Age/Preschool Child Development Associate, along with the Lead Teacher, is responsible for the school age group of children all year, for the Before and After Care Program in addition to School Age Summer Camp. During August through May, the Child Development Associate will be expected to help in the other classrooms as part of the essential responsibilities when school aged children are in their district schools. The incumbent will also be responsible for getting the school age children from school buses and following through with the assigned responsibilities each day.
Starting Salary Range: $25,975.40 – $27,274.17.
(This is an unionized position. Salary starts at the base and is determined based on education and experience exceeding the minimum qualifications, in accordance to the collective bargaining agreement).
REQUIRED : DOCUMENTATION CONFIRMING HIGH SCHOOL COMPLETION OR EQUIVALENT MUST BE ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION OF THIS POSITION, COLLEGE / UNIVERSITY TRANSCRIPTS MAY BE SUBSTITUTED (See “Special instructions to applicants” section below).
1. Possession of credentials required by Illinois Department of Children and Family Services for employment as a Child Care Worker in a licensed child care facility. The Illinois Department of Children and Family Services required credentials can be reviewed at:
2. As of September 30, 2017, all teachers, assistants, and aides are required to have an Illinois Early Childhood Education Credential Level 1. **PLEASE ATTACH A COPY OF THE ILLINOIS EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION CREDENTIAL LEVEL 1 IN THE FIELD MARKED AS “CERTIFICATION/ PROFESSIONAL LICENSE .”
Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education/Child Development
Posting Date 06/03/2021 Closing Date 06/17/2021 Open Until Filled No Posting Number CS0501P Type of Search External Quicklink for Posting https://employment.govst.edu/postings/5856 Employee ID Department Special Instructions to Applicants
DOCUMENTATION REQUIREMENT :
For consideration, applicants are required to attach the following:
1: Documentation confirming High School completion or equivalent or College/University Transcripts.
2: Online Application – Must be fully completed, include all dates of employment, employment status (full-time or if part-time, include percentages), job duties and responsibilities (full details).
3: Cover Letter.
5: A list of three Professional References.
6: Early Childhood Education Credentials.
RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT :
Illinois residency required within 180 days of the hire date.
EXAMINATION DETAILS :
This vacancy involves a credential assessment. Please see the State Universities Civil Service System ( SUCSS ) website for additional details at www.sucss.illinois.gov.
VETERAN’S PREFERENCE POINTS :
Veterans may be eligible to receive additional points on a passing final examination score. To determine eligibility, submit one of the following documents to the Department of Human Resources:
1: Department of Defense – DD214/DD215
2: National Guard – NGB22 Form
3: Discharge Orders
4: Reserves – DD256 Discharge Certificate
Note: Must be received by the closing date of this posting.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you able to perform physical activities required by the
job, which include, but are not limited to the following: standing,
walking, sitting; using hands and fingers, reaching with hands and
arms; climbing, balancing, lifting up to 50 pounds, stooping,
kneeling, crouching, or crawling; talking, hearing, tasting, and
- Do you have a High School Diploma or GED?
- Cover Letter
- High School Diploma or GED
- List of References
- Certification/Professional License
- Veteran’s Preference Points Documentation
- Letter of Recommendation
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Other Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest