Allied Healthcare Program Manager
About Roxbury Community College:
Roxbury Community College (RCC) is an urban, public, 2-year College serving a diverse community including people of color, recent immigrants and nontraditional populations. The College mission is to facilitate student success in achieving educational goals through the delivery of high-quality transfer and career programs. RCC strives to honor traditional commitments, and to be responsive to new challenges and insights through workforce training, ESOL and community education. The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Roxbury Community College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its staff. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Allied Healthcare Program Manager is responsible for overseeing all Allied Healthcare training programs at Roxbury Community College (RCC), including but not limited to Clinical Medical Assistant, Phlebotomy, Medical Billing and Coding, Certified Nursing Assistants, and Home Health Aide. The Program Manager will ensure compliance with program certification and accreditation requirements; clinical agreements and partner healthcare organization regulations; and state and local requirements for students. The Program Manage will implement strategies to improve and expand the College's Allied Healthcare programs and options for enrollment, including promoting and marketing new and existing offerings to prospective students and expanding hybrid offerings. The Program Manager will also assist with implementing continuous improvement strategies to ensure that services are efficient, effective, high quality, and student-centered. The Program Manager will help advance RCC's partnership efforts by representing the College at community and business events.
Supervision Received: The Allied Healthcare Program Manager reports to the Executive Director of the Center for Workforce Development.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of all Allied Healthcare programs.
- Ensure compliance with third-party certification bodies' requirements.
- Interview and recommend instructors for hire.
- Serve as the initial point of contact for student inquiries.
- Serve students in a way that is asset-based and stresses equity for all students.
- Assess students and recommend them for acceptance to programs.
- Review student applications to ensure students have all required immunizations.
- Monitor student attendance and provide referrals to support services as appropriate.
- Assess student performance in achieving course goals and objectives
- Collect and analyze data to monitor and evaluate student outcomes
- Evaluate programs and Instructors.
- Collaborate with the Center of Workforce Development staff to continually improve programs.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with employers, Community Based Organizations (CBOs), and the community to inform them of programs and identify services and externship sites that meet students' needs.
- Participate in Open Registration activities.
- Provide timely and professional responses to telephone, email, and walk-in inquiries from students.
- Conduct public presentations to businesses and the community at large to inform them of allied Healthcare training programs.
- Collaborate with the marketing department to develop meaningful marketing material and social media to branding to promote the Center's programs
- Update marketing materials for flyers and the website.
- Attend college and community events to promote and recruit students.
- Attend campus meetings and serves on committees, as required.
- Maintain an inventory of supplies and order supplies as needed.
- Conduct walk-throughs of labs to ensure they are well-stocked, clean, and safe.
- Maintain updated course description, course outline, and syllabi as appropriate
- Keep accurate records following the Roxbury Community College policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Flexible including nights and weekends
- Work assigned schedule reliably and punctually.
- Bachelor's Degree Required.
- One healthcare designation of RN, EMT, or other relevant certification required.
- Maintains appropriate knowledge, experience, and skills in program areas.
- Demonstrated ability to manage programs.
- Committed to continuous quality improvement
- Passionate about program areas.
- Maintains a positive and proactive approach to problem-solving and developing innovative solutions to address challenges.
- Has three-five years of proven experience in implementing workforce development programs, including grant-funded programs.
- Excellent written skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience with data analysis.
- Ability to multitask and manage competing projects
- Skilled at Microsoft computer applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Master's Degree preferred
- Experience in instruction of healthcare subjects.
- Experience working with students from diverse social, cultural, and economic backgrounds who possess wide ranges of academic abilities and interests.
- Prior experience in an urban community college or with diverse populations.
- Experience with online and hybrid courses.
- Bilingual (Preference for Spanish, French, Haitian Creole, Cape Verdean-Creole, or Portuguese).
- All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- The appointment is subject to SORI (Sexual Offense Registry Information) and a publicly accessible CORI (Criminal Offense Registry Information) background checks.
Application Deadline: Applicants accepted on a rolling basis until filled.
Expected Start Date: Immediately
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act requires all institutes of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available at www.rcc.mass.edu/clery .
Roxbury Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission, or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
To apply, please submit:
- Cover letter
- References upon request