Amherst has taken a leadership role among highly selective liberal arts colleges and universities in successfully diversifying the racial, socio-economic, and geographic profile of its student body. The College is similarly committed to enriching its educational experience and its culture through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff.
Amherst College invites applications for the Data Analyst position. The Data Analyst is a full-time, year-round position, job group and level PT-3. Given Amherst's distinction as one of the most diverse liberal arts colleges in the country, the successful candidate will demonstrate the ways in which they bring value to and will work towards supporting a broadly diverse community.
The Data Analyst creates program reports and statistics in order to collaborate on Constituent Programs' strategic planning. In addition, they organize and manage data analytics for the Amherst Fund and Alumni & Parent Programs, assist in data-driven decision-making, and oversee the application of data to testing initiatives. This position contributes to the Advancement staff's ability to reach its fundraising and engagement goals partnering with senior leadership on accurate, thorough, timely, and well-communicated information to drive strategy and decision-making. The Data Analyst should have a familiarity with fundraising fundamentals and strategies in philanthropy and data analysis with an interest in learning new trends and techniques.
They will be responsible for working collaboratively with Constituent Programs on creating new reports and translating business needs between that team and Reporting & Systems. In addition, they will implement systematic approaches and workflows related to communications and track results to inform future innovation. They will partner with the Director and Associate Director in the Amherst Fund on communications logistics and be responsible for preparing lists, tracking results, and collaborating on testing.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting and Program Support
- Manage and create reporting and descriptive analytics for the Amherst Fund, Alumni & Parent Programs
- Coordinate data testing and provide strategic thinking to help Amherst Fund staff make data-driven decisions
- Provide data for, manage, track and analyze direct mail, email, and digital segmentation in support of the Director and Associate Director in the Amherst Fund
- Provide data visualization and narrative around reporting using Excel, and other tools as appropriate
- Acts as a liaison between Reporting & Systems and Constituent Programs on reports and applications requests and is a key partner between the two groups on the CRM conversion
- Thinks strategically about the Amherst Fund's data needs and helps implement technology and reporting solutions to support increased revenue and donors to the College. Leads initiatives related to adjusting reports and data management, and to supporting the diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism goals of the division.
- Effectively collaborates within and contributes to the inclusive nature of a diverse community
- Coordinate with Amherst Fund and Alumni & Parent Programs colleagues on technical and strategic aspects of implementation related to analytics finding
- Utilizes analysis findings to develop strategy recommendations, with the goal of maximizing the fundraising and engagement programs
- Using best practices, devise testing scenarios and tracking for Advancement communications to alumni, families, and friends to determine the best path for success in future solicitations
- Remain current on industry trends and apply research results to Advancement projects when appropriate
- Partner on segmentation and data for Amherst Fund communications, ensuring data is correct and projects are completed on time and accurately
- Bachelor's degree
- 3 or more years related experience
- Database experience, particularly SQL query writing and experience with data analytics tools
- Proficiency with data visualization tools, such as Excel PivotCharts, and Tableau
- Demonstrated commitment to contributing to and collaborating within a diverse and inclusive community
- Strong analytical, time-management, verbal and written communication, interpersonal, project management, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Experience leveraging reporting solutions to provide information for decision-making
Interested candidates are asked to submit a resume and cover letter online at https://amherst.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/Amherst_Jobs . Please be sure to upload all requested documents in the first step of the application process. Applications cannot be revised once submitted. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.