Summer Program Teaching Assistant
Job Code/Title 82801 - H - Technician SS 1 Position Number HU1305 Working Title Summer Program Teaching Assistant Department School of Medicine Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $15 Campus MCV Campus Position Type Hourly Hours/Week 20 Normal work days Normal work hours Job Category Miscellaneous Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical No Description of the Job
Responsibilities include assisting the core instructors and program personnel with the daily operations of the program and leading daily study sessions and/or courses for participants. TAs are expected to be available some evenings and weekends; comfortable with leading group study activities and evaluating individuals on their performance, and assisting with social activities for all participants. Specific responsibilities include:
• Responsible for conducting daily study sessions to review course material given by VCU faculty with student participants over the program duration
• Must prepare for evening study sessions by keeping informed of coursework presented through interaction with faculty and updates provided on Canvas
• Meet with program staff for a ½ hour weekly recap to discuss student participation or learning issues
• Meet weekly with fellow TAs to strategize study sessions and course material
• Participate in the evaluation of participants and the program at the conclusion
• Maintain confidentiality of all records pertaining to student participants
• Other responsibilities as necessary
Must be a current VCU School of Medicine student with teaching and/or tutoring experience. Must have achieved competency in Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry and Practice of Clinical Medicine.
Preferred Qualifications Job Open Date 03/08/2021 Remove from posting on or before 03/26/2021 Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Additional Information Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/104059 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a current VCU School of Medicine student?
- Please indicate your summer program preference:
- Indicate your preferred course assignment:
- * Please describe your past experience teaching/tutoring.
(Open Ended Question)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)