Manager, Student Center Events & Sales - (STA007063)
The SC Special Events & Sales Manager provides high quality customer service and support through planning, logistics management and coordination for large scale meetings, conferences, special events and food functions reserved through the SC Conference and Reservation Services Office (SC CARS).
- Schedules and coordinates reservation services for all customer types for facilities/spaces within the Student Centers, SC Satellite, UH Outdoor spaces, as well as selected general purpose academic classrooms and auditoriums.
- Utilizes a specialized event management database application to enter room requests, assign equipment and event support resources as well as setup and attending staff personnel resources; maintain database booking details as required to process requested changes or adjustments needed to meet facility, safety, or risk requirements and/or Departmental or University policies.
- Interpret SC Facilities Use Policies and Procedures in relation to food, facilities, payments, cancellation and other Student Life and University polices.
- Works closely with UH department and contracted service provider partners who oversee the use of resources utilized for events. Ensures events are managed according to customer specifications.
- Assists with overseeing the daily operations and services of the SC CARS office and provides leadership to reservations full-time and student staff while also providing front office support.
- Maintains updated accounts receivable/collections files on outstanding charges. Prepares and processes daily deposits of all revenue received.
- Participates in establishing projections for and tracking of all rental and sales revenue. Works closely with University partners to promote greater visibility and usage of S Centers reserved facilities for events and conferences.
- Assists with the maintenance and customer updates of the event management system and reports when needed.
- May represent the SC CARS Office for special events or conference logistics planning/coordination meetings with Student Affairs Division partners or campus-wide.
- Resolves customer service problems as needed and refers more difficult issues to supervisor. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and 1 year experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Facilities Management & Physical Plant Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston