Small Business Dev Center Director - (STA007028)
Directs and provides overall management of a major unit of the UH Small Business Development Center (SBDC) which provides business consulting (or counseling) and training assistance to small business and entrepreneurs.
- Prepares annual budgets and plans, and monitors same throughout the year to ensure that established goals and objectives are achieved.
- Establishes work assignments of professional staff and provides guidance, professional development, and work direction as required.
- Develops proposals, secures sponsorships, and manages specific programs under several contractual agreements.
- Analyzes results of region-wide operations, develops new programs, and identifies and purchases business/management tools.
- May meet regularly with area economic development organizations and small business groups to promote the institute and support small businesses.
- As required by the unit, participates in client consulting sessions and performs financial, operational and administrative analyses; prepares recommendations.
- Participates in the development and implementation of the strategic planning process for the unit.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelors and 7 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a minimum of seven (7) years of directly job-related experience.
Notes to Applicant: The SBDC program is funded through a cooperative agreement with the U. S. Small Business Administration (SBA) and the State of Texas. The continuation of all SBDC positions is contingent on the the continuation of funding from both the SBA and the State of Texas at current levels. Ideal candidate will have: Successful entrepreneurial experience in launching and operating a new venture including strategic planning, acquiring funds, marketing and budgeting; Ability to work independently, communicate effectively, good interpersonal skills, display initiative and demonstrate professionalism, build relationships with private entities, chambers, corporations, public agencies, and the entrepreneurial and banking/investment communities; Complete computer literacy, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; Knowledge and experience in program management; Attention to detail and ability to handle multiple projects; Business Development experience; Professional staff supervision experience; Experience and skill in public speaking; Business training experience; MBA preferred. This position will be headquartered in League City, Texas. Frequent travel with use of a personal vehicle is required. Out of Town travel may be required.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston