Associate Vice President of Instruction and College Initiatives
Job Posting Title Associate Vice President of Instruction and College Initiatives Location Los Rios Community College District (Sacramento City College) Department Location Instruction Office Posting Number AE00426P The Institution
Founded in 1916, Sacramento City College ( SCC ) is a multi-campus, urban college that consists of a 70-acre main campus across from William Land Park. The College has two educational centers, one in Davis on the campus of the University of California, Davis, and one in West Sacramento located adjacent to the public library, community center, and civic center. SCC is a vibrant teaching and learning institution with approximately 20,000 day and evening students and is recognized as both a Hispanic-Serving Institution ( HSI ) and an Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution ( AANAPISI ).
SCC has a rich history in the community and has expanded educational opportunities to students across the region. SCC awards Associate in Arts or Science degrees as well as Associate Degrees for Transfer, which guarantee transfer into the California State University system. The College offers Career Education certificates and degrees, transfer credit for students who desire to continue their education at a four-year college or university, and instruction in basic skills such as English, English as a second language, and mathematics.
Faculty and staff at SCC value a collaborative and diverse campus community. As one of four colleges within the Los Rios Community College District, Sacramento City College embraces change, values excellence in academic achievement, and supports the success of students as they pursue their dreams.
Under the general direction of the Vice President of Instruction, the Associate Vice President of Instruction and College Initiatives provides administrative leadership in the planning, organization, and evaluation of the instructional programs and services of the college, as well as guidance of the college in major initiatives, legislative mandates, and institutional change.
Typical duties may include but are not limited to:
LEADERSHIP / COORDINATION :
• Providing leadership and planning for the college in major organizational efforts including Guided Pathways and dual enrollment; coordinating with Student Services leadership on such college-wide initiatives.
• Taking major leadership role in efforts such as Achieving the Dream.
• Providing leadership on assigned instructional initiatives.
• Providing leadership to evaluate and improve assigned instructional programs.
• Coordinating scheduling of course offerings and monitoring of instructor assignments.
• Coordinating with Student Services leadership on college efforts that apply to both Instruction and Student Services.
• Providing administrative leadership, in conjunction with Student Services partners, on strategic enrollment management planning and implementation.
• Providing administrative leadership for efforts related to the core skills of Math and English, supporting efforts at the division level and in Student Services in relation to the Student Equity and Achievement Plan ( SEAP ).
COLLABORATION / TEAM BUILDING :
• Working with the Vice President of Instruction, deans, and faculty on incorporating Equity and anti-racist efforts into all instructional services and partnering with Student Services and Administrative Services on Equity-related work for the college community.
• Serving on Curriculum Planning Team with Faculty Curriculum Chair, Instructional Services Assistant, Articulation Officer, and Vice President of Instruction.
• Working with Academic Senate and Planning, Research, and Institutional Effectiveness Office on program review processes.
• Working with other deans and Vice President of instruction to create optimal course offerings for students.
• Participating as a management team member in general activities related to personnel, support, facilities, and funding of instructional programs.
• Serving on local, District, and state committees as assigned by the Vice President of Instruction or the college president.
PROJECT DOCUMENTATION / DELIVERABLES :
• Assessing state and national trends in community college education and advising executive leadership based on such trends.
• Assisting in the interpretation of college programs and services to the general public.
• Using technology to organize, categorize, and coordinate instructional data and reports.
• Assisting in coordinating instructional personnel policies and procedures of the college and District.
• Facilitating and monitoring program review for academic departments.
• Assisting the Vice President of Instruction in monitoring faculty load assignments, preparing release time reports and position control.
TRAINING / STAFF DEVELOPMENT AND SUPERVISION :
• Supervising assigned division deans of specific instructional areas.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
The administrative assignment may include day, evening, weekend, and/or off campus work and/or hours.
Work Year 12 month Work Schedule Total Hrs per Week/Day Special Requirements Minimum Qualifications
1. Have a master’s degree* all degrees must be from an accredited institution completed by July 1, 2021.
2. Have one year of formal training, internship, or leadership experience reasonably related to the administrator’s administrative assignment.
3. Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
● Applicant must meet the minimum qualifications of a faculty discipline at the college.
● To review the minimum qualifications for faculty disciplines, refer to Minimum Qualifications for Faculty and Administrators’ in California Community Colleges which can be found on our website under CCCCO Handbook .
Applicants applying to this position are REQUIRED to complete fully and submit:
1. Los Rios Community College District Administrative Application
2. Resume or Curriculum Vitae
3. Two letters of recommendation
4. Letter of Interest
5. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work (indicating degree completion or conferral date)
• Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified.
• Applicants indicating “see resume” on the online application will be disqualified.
• Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts.
• Los Rios employees are also required to submit unofficial copies of transcripts.
• Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees, and other relevant documents.
• A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
• Foreign transcript evaluations ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators. Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here .
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
Physical Demands Salary $145,664 to $157,672 annually. LRCCD Salary Schedules Additional Salary Information Additional stipend for an earned doctorate from an accredited university.
Posting Date 03/23/2021 Closing Date 04/22/2021 Open Continuously No Beginning and/or Ending Dates
Full-time, Twelve-month, Educational Administrative Position
Beginning on or about July 5, 2021.
How and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions
for complete information on how to apply online with our District. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 during regular business hours Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to HR@losrios.edu. Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m. of the posting closing date.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.
Contingent on funding and eligibility, successful candidates selected for a face-to-face interview may be eligible to apply for partial reimbursement of travel expenses, up to a maximum of $450. Candidate Travel Reimbursement click here
Administrative positions may be subject to the District’s Conflict of Interest Code, and a statement of economic interest is required within thirty (30) days following appointment to the position. Management/Executive positions are exempt from overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Quicklink https://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/15182 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- I acknowledge and agree that I understand that by answering the
question below, I certify that the information provided by me is
true, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge and belief.
I authorize investigation of all statements contained herein, and
on the P-881 (if applicable and submitted), and I release from
liability all persons and organizations furnishing such
information. I understand that any misstatements, omissions or
misrepresentation of facts on this form, my application, and, if
applicable, the P-881 or attachment(s) may be cause for
disqualification or dismissal. If you have ever been convicted of
an offense other than a minor traffic violation you are required to
complete the form 'Arrests Which Led to Convictions for Crime',
P-881 (you must disclose convictions that have been dismissed
pursuant to Penal Code Section 1203.4; Ed. Code 87008). If needed
click on the link and download the form https://losrios.edu/lrccd/shared/doc/hr/forms/p-881.pdf
and attach the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- No answer
- Can you perform the essential functions of this position?
- Considering this specific position that you are applying to –
where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed (Vitea.com)
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Oakland
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Los Angeles
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- D'Primeramano Magazine
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Handshake (CSU, UC Job Boards)
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community Colleges
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Email
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- LRCCD Resource Group - API (Asian Pacific Islander Legacy)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Black Faculty & Staff Association (BFSA)
- LRCCD Resource Group Native American Collaborative (NAC)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Spectrum (LGBTQIA+)
- Professional Networks
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- The HUB
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Unofficial Transcript 5
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime Document
- Employee Request for Transfer Form
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Chief Academic Officers & Vice Presidents Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Deans Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento