Associate Vice Chancellor of Finance
Job Posting Title Associate Vice Chancellor of Finance Location Los Rios Community College District (District Office) Department Location Finance Posting Number AE00427P The Institution
The Los Rios Community College District is the second-largest, two-year public college district in California, serving approximately 75,000 students in the greater Sacramento region. The District’s 2,400 square mile service area includes Sacramento and El Dorado counties and parts of Yolo, Placer, and Solano counties and is comprised of four uniquely diverse colleges – American River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake, and Sacramento City colleges. In addition to each college’s main campus, the District offers educational centers in Placerville, Davis, West Sacramento, Elk Grove, Natomas, and Rancho Cordova.
The Los Rios District Office is centrally located in the heart of the Sacramento valley. The growing Capital Region has strong communities and emergent arts and dining scenes, and is nearby some of the most celebrated tourist destinations in the country – Lake Tahoe, Napa Valley, and San Francisco. The Sacramento area is a great place to live and work.
The District has approximately 6,000 employees throughout our four colleges and District Office complex. The District Office is centrally located between all four colleges and provides welcoming, inclusive, and equitable environments for Los Rios students, employees, and our community partners. Our departments strive for the highest quality in all programs, services, and activities, and are focused on advancing the learning of our diverse student population through improved academic and social outcomes.
Our Colleges offer equity-minded, academically rigorous, student success centered education. Our objective is to help our students successfully achieve their academic goals, whether they want to transfer to a four-year college or university, earn an associates degree, or obtain one of more than 100 certificates in high demand career fields.
Under the general direction of the Vice Chancellor of Finance and Administration, the Associate Vice Chancellor of Finance oversees accounting and procurement activities of the District and related reporting including the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report.
LEADERSHIP / COORDINATION :
● Participating in negotiations with the District’s collective bargaining groups.
● Complying with relevant regulations, policies, and practices.
● Reviewing cash flow projections and other financial data.
● Planning and directing the implementation of the district budget and financial activities.
● Analyzing data and interpreting laws, rules and other regulations relating to business activities.
● Administering the district’s categorical programs which include any categorical and student financial aid programs, as well as the District’s facilities program, including monitoring for compliance with applicable external and internal regulations.
● Overseeing financial analysis, including statistical analysis and use.
COLLABORATION / TEAM BUILDING :
● Working with the Vice Chancellor in coordination of the District’s budget process, including the establishment of the annual budget calendar, development of revenue, and appropriation assumptions.
● Assisting the Vice Chancellor in Attendance Accounting functions.
● Consulting with college staff and district/college administration in the formulation of new and improved budgetary procedures or guidelines.
● Serving on various committees as the District’s Business Services representative, including the Citizens’ Bond Oversight Committee and the District Budget Committee.
PROJECT DOCUMENTATION / DELIVERABLES :
● Preparing board agenda items and attends board meetings.
● Staying up-to-date with best practices in governmental accounting, budgeting and auditing principles.
● Maintaining governmental operational procedures and business practices.
● Maintaining proficiency in software applications in a business environment, including Educational Code provisions, Public Contract Code and other state and federal regulations pertaining to business services activities.
● Preparing clear, complete and concise financial and other business reports.
● Making presentations to various groups including the governing board.
● Assisting in the preparation of the annual budget and other budget related activities.
● Working collaboratively with Directors of Accounting and General Services.
TRAINING / STAFF DEVELOPMENT AND SUPERVISION :
● Supervising and evaluating assigned personnel.
● Training and supervising the work of others.
● Supervising the Director of Accounting Services in overseeing the operation of the District’s General Accounting, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Grants and Contracts, and Internal Audit functions.
● Supervising the Director of General Services in the operation of the Purchasing and General services departments including managing the District’s self-funded insurance programs for property, liability and workers’ compensation.
● Performing other duties as assigned.
Work Year 12 month Work Schedule Total Hrs per Week/Day Special Requirements Minimum Qualifications
1. Have a master’s degree* in Business, Accounting, Finance, Business Management or related field; OR, a bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Business Management or related field and a Certified Public Accountant’s license; OR, a bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Business Management or related field.
2. Have two years of formal training, internship, or leadership experience reasonably related to the administrator’s administrative assignment.
3. Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
● Applicant must meet the minimum qualifications of a faculty discipline at the college.
● To review the minimum qualifications for faculty disciplines, refer to Minimum Qualifications for Faculty and Administrators’ in California Community Colleges which can be found on our website under CCCCO Handbook .
Applicants applying to this position are REQUIRED to complete fully and submit:
1. Los Rios Community College District Administrative Application
2. Resume or Curriculum Vitae
3. Two letters of recommendation
4. Letter of Interest
5. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work (indicating degree completion or conferral date)
• Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified.
• Applicants indicating “see resume” on the online application will be disqualified.
• Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts.
• Los Rios employees are also required to submit unofficial copies of transcripts.
• Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees, and other relevant documents.
• A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
• Foreign transcript evaluations ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators. Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here .
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
Physical Demands Salary $178,234 to $192,927 annually. LRCCD Salary Schedules ) Additional Salary Information Additional stipend for an earned doctorate from an accredited university.
Posting Date 03/23/2021 Closing Date 05/03/2021 Open Continuously Beginning and/or Ending Dates
Full-time, Twelve-month, Classified Management Position
Beginning on or about June, 1 2021.
How and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 during regular business hours Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to HR@losrios.edu. Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m. of the posting closing date.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.
Contingent on funding and eligibility, successful candidates selected for a face-to-face interview may be eligible to apply for partial reimbursement of travel expenses, up to a maximum of $450. Candidate Travel Reimbursement click here
Administrative positions may be subject to the District’s Conflict of Interest Code, and a statement of economic interest is required within thirty (30) days following appointment to the position. Management/Executive positions are exempt from overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Quicklink https://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/15183 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * I acknowledge and agree that I understand that by answering
the question below, I certify that the information provided by me
is true, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge and
belief. I authorize investigation of all statements contained
herein, and on the P-881 (if applicable and submitted), and I
release from liability all persons and organizations furnishing
such information. I understand that any misstatements, omissions or
misrepresentation of facts on this form, my application, and, if
applicable, the P-881 or attachment(s) may be cause for
disqualification or dismissal. If you have ever been convicted of
an offense other than a minor traffic violation you are required to
complete the form 'Arrests Which Led to Convictions for Crime',
P-881 (you must disclose convictions that have been dismissed
pursuant to Penal Code Section 1203.4; Ed. Code 87008). If needed
click on the link and download the form https://losrios.edu/lrccd/shared/doc/hr/forms/p-881.pdf
and attach the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- No answer
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position?
- * Considering this specific position that you are applying to –
where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed (Vitea.com)
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Oakland
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Los Angeles
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- D'Primeramano Magazine
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Handshake (CSU, UC Job Boards)
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community Colleges
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Email
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- LRCCD Resource Group - API (Asian Pacific Islander Legacy)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Black Faculty & Staff Association (BFSA)
- LRCCD Resource Group Native American Collaborative (NAC)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Spectrum (LGBTQIA+)
- Professional Networks
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- The HUB
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Unofficial Transcript 5
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime Document
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
- Employee Request for Transfer Form
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento