Academic Search is accepting applications for an Associate Consultant. This is a virtual/remote position and the position is available immediately.
The Associate Consultant is a part-time, 1099 contractor who works from her/his own home or office. The Associate Consultant partners with Senior Consultants in an administrative support role. While Senior Consultants manage the search process and serve as the primary contact with the client, the Associate Consultant conducts research, prepares written documents, processes candidate materials, coordinates details for interviews, and facilitates background checks and degree verifications on finalists. The highest ethical standards are paramount and attention to detail is critical.
In addition to understanding best practices in the recruitment and vetting of candidates, the Associate Consultant should possess, at a minimum:
• A Bachelor's degree, master's degree preferred
• An understanding of higher education with work experience at a college, university, or higher education related organization strongly preferred
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong writing and editing skills
• Strong analytical, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Significant technical proficiency including a strong knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office products
• The ability to represent the firm in a variety of settings with presence, eloquence, and warmth
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• Demonstrated outstanding level of professionalism, ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy
• Adeptness at working with different personalities and the quirks of a distributed work team that interacts with various campus communities
• Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems, and recommend solutions
• Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude
• Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities and to work as needed to complete projects
• Ability to adapt to new technology systems
• Ability to work under tight deadlines while managing multiple projects
• Access to the internet and a reliable computer
For more than four decades, Academic Search has offered executive search services to higher education institutions, associations, and related organizations. Academic Search was founded by higher education leaders on the principle that we provide the most value to partner institutions by combining best practices with our deep knowledge and experience. Our mission today is to enhance institutional capacity by providing outstanding executive recruitment services, executive coaching, and transition support, in partnership with our parent organization, the American Academic Leadership Institute.
Additional information about Academic Search can be found at www.academicsearch.org.
The Associate Consultant will be an independent contractor under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer and Director of Technology and Research Services. There are no benefits available as an independent contractor.
While the position will remain open until filled, only applications received by April 16, 2021, can be assured full consideration. No phone calls please.
Applications should include:
• Cover letter that describes your interest in joining Academic Search, detailing how you meet the basic qualifications and professional skills required
• Complete curriculum vitae or resume
• Names, phone numbers and e-mail addresses of three professional references; no references will be contacted without explicit permission of the candidate
Applications can be submitted electronically, and in confidence, to Kelly Daniels at ACSearch2021@academicsearch.org.
Academic Search is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, physical disabilities, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.