Senior Donor Relations Officer
Senior Donor Relations Officer
Notre Dame College
Reports To: Vice President for Advancement
Position Status: Full-Time
Exemption Status: Exempt
Working closely with the Vice President for Advancement and in collaboration with the President, Board members, other departmental/faculty and staff members and constituent group volunteers, the Senior Donor Relations Officer secures financial commitments to Notre Dame by engaging constituents in the life of the College, by communicating Notre Dame's strategic goals, and by leveraging volunteer networks thereby inspiring and motivating constituents to support NDC's mission.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a portfolio of 100 major gift prospects and donors with
a focus on raising gifts at the $25K and higher level.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward major gifts donors and
prospects; recommend and implement cultivation and solicitation
- Conduct a minimum of 12 face-to face visits per
- Personally soliciting annual fund gifts each year from all
- Maintain working knowledge of institutional priorities,
academic programs, and events. When appropriate, host prospects and
donors at College sponsored events.
- In coordination with the other staff members, draft proposals
and provide follow-up stewardship and reporting as
- Works closely with team members to create strategies for next
- Maintain/record relationship "moves management'' activity in
- Plan and host campus visits for major prospects as a key step
in their preparation for leadership giving.
- Plan out of town cultivation events; travel to meet with alumni
one on one to increase engagement and investment in the
- Steward members of the Marian Legacy Society; maintain
knowledge of current tax laws, investments and planned giving
opportunities to increase opportunities for support.
- Actively market the planned giving program to portfolio.
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of five years of successful
experience in major gift fundraising, preferably in
- Demonstrates organizational and interpersonal skills necessary
for building relationships with external (donors, prospects,
trustees) and internal (deans, faculty, staff, colleagues)
- Demonstrate excellent active listening skills that promote
relationship-building and communicate genuine curiosity about
others' lives and interests
- Ability to communicate the mission, goals and values of the
College in a positive way to inspire confidence, loyalty and pride
among constituent groups.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High comfort level with cold calls and direct donor
- Successful experience in managing a portfolio and developing
effective cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- Proven ability to self-motivate and work both independently and
as part of a team.
- Experience with fundraising database, Donor Perfect
- Travel as needed; occasional night/weekend events.
About Notre Dame College
Notre Dame College was founded by the Sisters of Notre Dame in 1922. Their charism still serves as the foundation of our College today, as we strive to provide a career-focused, values-based, private Catholic education to a diverse student body.
Studying at Notre Dame means personal, one-on-one attention from professors, dozens of student groups, a tight-knit student body, and a well-rounded curriculum. A liberal arts education from Notre Dame College equips students with personal and professional skills that help them chase their passions and change the world.
Nestled on 48 scenic, wooded acres in a suburb just 25 minutes from Cleveland, Notre Dame College offers a blend of quiet campus life and big city adventure. Home to some of the country's best restaurants, medical facilities, museums, sports teams, and amusement parks, Cleveland is an affordable city with major appeal.
HOW TO APPLY: Please send a resume or curriculum vitae, cover letter and three professional references to: email@example.com.
Candidates will be interviewed by appointment through Zoom, Microsoft 365 Teams, or at the South Euclid, Ohio, campus. Only candidates who meet all of the specified criteria will be invited to interview.