Learning Experience Coordinator
Position Reports to: Educational Technology Manager
Positions Supervised: N/A
This is an entry-level staff position with responsibilities for providing front-line technical support as a contributing member of the Learning Experience Design (LEX) team. Primary responsibilities include data entry, supporting faculty in educational technology challenges, and providing administrative services for team processes. Work with faculty, staff, and students to raise educational standards. Join our enthusiastic team dedicated to innovative, evidence-based teaching and learning!
Salary ranges from $35k to $50k depending on experience and qualifications. Local applicants desired; remote applicants will be considered. Application must include a cover letter.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates current system upgrades
- Performs data entry into digital courses
- Correspond with faculty
- Evaluate live online courses and potential learning tools
- Maintains select databases of essential information; facilitate bulk uploads, migration of content, function testing
- Update and maintain reporting
- Provides personal assistant services, calendar scheduling, appointment setting taking minutes at meetings
- Reviews and updates documentation on faculty support and tools
- Other duties as assigned
- Development of self
- Job knowledge/skill application
- Well-versed in educational technology developments
- Champions innovation
- Drives for results
- Critical thinking
Two-year associates or four-year bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a computer technology-related field.
Experience in technologies used for academic-related instructional, research, and administrative purposes is preferred.
Experience using various educational technology tools (particularly LMS and video-based) preferred.
● Advanced computer user skills, particularly Google Suite and Apps, Zoom, and Microsoft Office Suite required.
● Precision and attention to detail: Proficiency with editing, data entry, and proofreading required.
● Organized, efficient, timely, trustworthy, and reliable.
● Excellent customer service skills.
● Excellent problem-solving skills.
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
● Basic HTML skills preferred.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
Using primarily just the fingers to make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects, or pinching fingers together
Especially where one must convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly
Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information
Average Visual Abilities:
Average, ordinary visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products, or operate machinery
Sedentary work. Sitting most of the time. Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally (Almost all office jobs)
No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions (such as in a typical office)
MENTAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
Ability to deal with a variety of variables under only limited standardization. Able to interpret various instructions
Ability to perform basic math skills, use decimals to compute ratios and percentages, and draw and interpret graphs
Ability to read a variety of books, magazines, instruction
manuals, atlases, and encyclopedias; Ability to prepare memos,
reports, and essays using proper punctuation, spelling, and
Ability to communicate distinctly with appropriate pauses and emphasis; correct pronunciation (or sign equivalent); and variation in word order using present, perfect, and future tenses
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF JOB
Job descriptions assist organizations in ensuring that the hiring process is fairly administered and that qualified employees are selected. They are also essential to an effective appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff, and termination decisions. Well-constructed job descriptions are an integral part of any effective compensation system.
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. RMUoHP maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Rocky Mountain University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
RMU understands the importance of being inclusive as it is one of the University’s Core Values. By honoring our differences and similarities, we strengthen institutional and community connections. For these reasons, the University is especially interested in and strongly encourages qualified candidates who can contribute to the diversity of our academic community to apply.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Provo
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Provo
- Computer Services & Information Technology Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Provo
- Technology Administration/Other Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Provo