Assistant Professor of Accounting
DATE ANNOUNCED: March 2021
POSITION: Assistant Professor of Accounting, tenure track
DEPARTMENT: Business Administration, Accounting and Economics
STARTING DATE: Fall 2021
TIMELINE: Screening of applications begins immediately and continues until position is filled.
- Requires a master’s degree in accounting (or relevant field) and CPA certification; Ph.D. or DBA preferred.
- Ability to teach a variety of undergraduate accounting courses in principles and intermediate accounting plus selections from a pool of classes including advanced, governmental, accounting information systems, and finance. Specific course load can be somewhat negotiable; the ability to teach other finance and business courses would be a definite plus.
- Commitment to student-centered learning and working with a diverse student population.
- Evidence of successful college-level teaching in accounting and/or professional accounting experience.
- Additional responsibilities include student academic advising, active professional development through scholarship, and service to the department and college.
- Willingness to support the mission of the College and its liberal arts tradition.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Teach seven undergraduate courses across the fall, winter, and four-week May term; advise departmental majors and minors; develop and teach general education courses as needed.
SALARY: Competitive for entry-level appointment
CONTRACT: Nine-month tenure-track appointment
APPLICATION: Curriculum vita, unofficial graduate transcripts, statement of teaching philosophy, contact information for three current references, and a letter of application describing your teaching, scholarship, and service experience/interests and how these will support the mission of Wartburg College, should be sent electronically to: HR@wartburg.edu. For specific inquiries contact Allan Bernard, Chair of Search Committee at (319) 352-8485 or email@example.com. Department webpage: http://www.wartburg.edu/business. Further information about the College and the city of Waverly may be found at http://www.wartburg.edu.
WARTBURG COLLEGE is a selective liberal arts college of the ELCA, nationally recognized for community engagement. As an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution, Wartburg College actively seeks applications from members of underrepresented ethnic and minority groups.
Apply for Assistant Professor of Accounting
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Bremer
- Business & Management Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Bremer
- Accounting & Finance Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Bremer
- Business Administration Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Bremer