Dean of Students
Northern Maine Community College seeks a Dean of Students who leads efforts to support student development and success throughout the NMCC experience. The Dean of Students is the senior student affairs officer of the campus. As such, the dean oversees all areas of student services including: student recruitment, enrollment management, admissions, placement testing, orientation, registration and records, financial aid, retention, student activities, student government, career planning and placement, counseling, athletics, residential life, health center, student discipline, veterans’ services, regional EMBARK, MELMAC 1st Year Experience, On-Course for College and the TRiO Student Support Services Project.
This is a full-time, 12 months exempt administrative (confidential) position with an anticipated start date of August 2, 2021.
This role is highly visible and requires strong planning, execution, and collaborative skills as well as demonstrated experience in bringing about institutional change to continue to meet the needs of traditional and non-traditional students. This position is critical as Northern Maine Community College continues the commitment to student success, retention, and engagement utilizing and aligning with the campus policies and the institution’s strategic plan.
NMCC seeks an energetic leader who will provide vision, direction to facilitate students’ growth, personal and academic achievement and career success through programs and services that support and enhance the NMCC Mission.
As a key leader and content expert on student life for the College, the Dean of Students responsibilities will include the following priorities:
- Work closely with the President, the President’s Cabinet and others across campus to build an optimal learning and living environment focused on promoting student engagement, advancing student learning, and enhancing positive community and climate.
- Supervise and coordinate campus-wide student success and retention programs.
- Provide supervisory responsibility for multiple areas within divisional structure including advising and support, counseling and disability services, orientation, health services, residential life, student conduct and student activities.
- Provide supervisory responsibilities for recruitment, admissions, registration and financial aid, as well as programs which oversee dual enrollment for high school students and adult education centers.
- Serve as the College’s primary officer for issues relating to student discipline, conflict resolution, penalty assessment and appeal. This also includes issues related to affirmative action/equal opportunity and sexual harassment.
- Participate in and/or coordinate various institutional committees for planning, budgeting and implementation of strategic college efforts.
- Manage divisional staffing, budgets, and ensure compliance with institutional policies and procedures.
- Promote a safe environment through adherence to all safety procedures.
- Provide leadership as it relates to crisis management by coordinating the college’s response for all incidents deemed so.
- Understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality as appropriate.
A master’s degree in administration or a related field is required. A doctorate in administration or organization leadership, educational leadership or related field is desired.
A minimum of ten years of direct supervisory and leadership in varied student affairs positions. Knowledge of federal reporting requirements, financial aid processes and regulatory requirements, student information systems, and data management systems are essential for successful oversight of key responsibilities. Effective written and oral communication skills are mandatory and working knowledge of computer technologies are required to function effectively.
Interested candidates should submit an NMCC Employment Application, a letter of introduction demonstrating appropriate qualifications and experience to fulfill the responsibilities outlined, along with a resume or curriculum vita and contact information for three professional references (names, address, email address, and phone number). Materials should be submitted electronically to email@example.com.Review of applications will begin May 1, 2021.
Apply for Dean of Students
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly