Open Rank, Exercise Physiology
The Department of Exercise Science http://www.highpoint.edu/exercisescience/ at High Point University invites applications for an Exercise Physiologist at the non-tenure track instructor or tenure-track assistant professor rank depending on qualifications. The Department of Exercise Science is part of the Congdon School of Health Sciences http://www.highpoint.edu/healthsciences/, which is also the academic home to the Departments of Physical Therapy, Physician Assistant Studies and Athletic Training and as such, is affiliated with the Human Biomechanics and Physiology Laboratory http://www.highpoint.edu/healthsciences/the-human-biomechanics-physiology-lab/.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The anticipated start date for this position is August 15, 2021.
The Department of Exercise Science is teaching-oriented with faculty from diverse scientific disciplines who share a common interest in the human form, physical activity, and the human movement paradigm. The expectations of this position center on teaching responsibilities relating to exercise physiology with laboratory, human physiology with BIOPAC instrumentation for laboratory experiences, and other related courses in the exercise science curriculum.
The successful candidate will establish or maintain a record of scholarship including mentoring undergraduate student research (as appropriate), undergraduate student advisement, assistance in developing and advancing the curriculum, commitment to program assessment, and collaboration with related academic programs.
All applicants must submit the following AS A SINGLE PDF DOCUMENT:  a cover letter addressing your interest and qualifications for the position;  a curriculum vitae with complete professional and academic history;
- the names and contact information of three professional references; and  an unofficial transcript of your highest degree awarded. This should be submitted through the following HPU Human Recourses portal link: http://www.highpoint.edu/human-resources/. In addition, candidates should email the same application packet and direct any questions to the search committee chair: Dr. Tony Kemerly, Professor, Department of Exercise Science, Congdon School of Health Sciences at email@example.com.
- Ph.D. in Exercise Physiology, Human Physiology, or related field.
Experience and Training:
- Academic teaching experience on the undergraduate
- Developed research agenda
- Published peer-reviewed manuscripts
Knowledge, Skills, Ability:
- Laboratory skill sets compatible with BIOPAC Systems, metabolic cart, and various other physiology instrumentation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others
- Contribute to the educational and research missions of the department, school, and university
- Record of excellence in teaching and research, and a commitment to excellence in exercise physiology education and
- Participation in didactic and laboratory teaching activities relating to exercise physiology and human physiology in the department’s curricula as determined by the Department
- Collaborate with departmental colleagues for curriculum design and
- Provide mentorship and advisement for students in the Department of Exercise
- Communicate teaching and research activities through frequent and effective communication with the Department
- Publish scientific findings in high-quality peer-reviewed journals and present research at regional and national
- Integrate and enhance interactions between the Departments of Physical Therapy, Physician Assistant Studies, and Athletic Training in areas of research, education, and service.
- Advance the service missions of the Departments of Exercise Science, Congdon School of Health Sciences, and High Point University to meet community
- Act as a representative and advocate for the department, school, and the
- Actively participate in committees within the department, school, and university in professional and governmental
- Undertake other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Chair of Exercise
High Point University’s 320-acre campus and is located in High Point, NC, a part of the Piedmont Triad region with the cities of Greensboro and Winston-Salem. US News & World Report annually ranks the university as a #1 regional college in the South.
At High Point University the faculty and staff are devoted to ensuring every student receives an extraordinary education in an inspiring environment with caring people. High Point University is a God, family and country school.
High Point University does not sponsor H1-B Visas. High Point University prohibits discrimination based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status and other legally protected statuses. The University considers a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as a core component of our mission and encourages all applicants to apply.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in High Point
- Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in High Point
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in High Point