Senior Application Analyst
Enterprise Systems supports the Virginia Tech community by developing, coordinating, and managing application software systems and enterprise data to provide critical information services for university constituents. We are seeking three Senior Application Analysts (one restricted appointment and two regular appointments).
In this position, you will design, develop, and document information systems independently under general direction. You will provide technical input on complex projects and serve as an expert in one or more business or functional areas. Your responsibilities will include preparing detailed specifications for programs using full technical knowledge of all applications systems analysis and programming. You will instruct, direct, and check the work of other programming personnel and perform quality assurance review. Additionally, you will serve as a top technical expert in one or more highly specialized areas of applications systems analysis and programming.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant work experience in Business, Computer Science, Finance, Information Technology, or related field
• Demonstrated progressively complex experience in full system lifecycle development including requirements gathering, systems analysis, systems development, programming, troubleshooting, testing and implementation of large enterprise systems
• Demonstrated progressively complex experience in object-oriented programming, using one or more of the following languages: Java/J2EE, Groovy, Ruby, Python, and .NET
• Demonstrated progressively complex experience with SQL and relational database design
• Significant customer service experience
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills with the ability to work effectively across internal, external organizations and virtual teams
• Experience with business processes and applications supporting higher education
• Experience working with Ellucian Banner systems
• Experience with Docker containers or managing applications in a container environment
• Experience programming using web application frameworks such as Spring, Grails, and Rails
• Experience leveraging ORM frameworks such as hibernate
• Experience with source code management
1 Restricted Appointment
2 Regular Appointments
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Brittany Kessler at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: March 22, 2021
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Computer Sciences & Technology Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg