Assistant Director, Career Development 998624
INTERNAL SEARCH - THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO CURRENT XAVIER EMPLOYEES ONLY
The Assistant Director will lead, strategize, and facilitate career development events, including the annual large-scale Fall and Spring Career Fairs, and will mobilize the Career Development team to effectively prepare students, alumni, and employers to ensure successful events, which are key to achieving the university-level goal of achieving a 98% career outcomes rate. Serve as the Career Development lead to the Williams College of Business including coordination of programs, events, and services for students, alumni, and faculty within the College. Work collaboratively with the Dean, academic departments, faculty and other groups to coordinate and provide essential services, which support the career and professional preparation needs of students in the College. Lead Peer Career Coach Program providing greater Career Development reach on campus, effectively scaling career services at Xavier. Coordinate Career Development marketing and branding efforts to encourage participation in events, programs, and engagement with Career Coaches.
- Lead the Career Development team in coordination of large-scale events.
- Lead coordination and execution of the annual (virtual or in-person) Fall and Spring Career Fairs (expected attendance of over 100 employers and over 400 students) including: strategize and distribute employer invitations; employer registration process, approvals, and payment; manage event budget, event marketing, space planning, staffing, and securing external staffing support for the event.
- Provide excellent customer service to employers wishing to engage with Xavier students and alumni through career fair and event participation. Ensure Career Partners (employer sponsors) are well-recognized leading up to and during career fairs.
- Lead Career Coaching team in event promotion and marketing all preparation programming leading up to events via campus messaging, social media outreach, and faculty/staff/student outreach.
- Develop post-event report presenting employer/student attendance, engagement data, budget, and recommendations for future career fairs.
- Manage internal and external constituents to support career development goals through exceptional event planning and promotion.
- Serve as Career Development lead to the Williams College of Business and communicate with faculty and departments regularly. Share information with other members of the Career Development team. May serve as liaison to other colleges and departments as needed.
- Plan, develop, and deliver programming for the essential services of career coaching, career-related programming (i.e. workshops, classroom presentations,) graduate school services, mentoring, experiential education, campus and internal relations, and employer relations and development.
- Serve as liaison to various on and off campus constituencies including administrative and academic departments, as well as regional committees.
- Deliver various workshop presentations across campus including alumni outreach, networking events, etc.
- Support college-specific and eventually University-wide career development (structured) programs including BPP; prepare and present workshops.
- Attend staff meetings and participate in work groups; contribute to the improvement and development of the Career Development Office and its services.
- Understand and support assessment and student learning outcomes.
- Create, write, and produce career development student handouts.
- Lead Peer Career Coach Program providing greater Career Development reach on campus. Recruit, train, supervise, and provide meaningful project work to a team of up to six.
- Lead Career Development marketing and branding initiatives via messaging, print, and social media in alignment with Xavier brand standards.
- Supervise and oversee development of office publications and promotional materials including website, brochures, Career Guide, handouts, forms, flyers, and posters in collaboration with Director of Strategic Digital Recruitment and Retention.
- As a member of the Career Development team, accept additional duties when requested or assigned.
- Master's degree
- 3 to 5 years of experience
We are strongly committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. These values are central to our mission. Candidates who have worked with a diverse range of faculty, staff, and students and who can contribute to our mission of inclusivity are encouraged to identify their experiences and interests. Xavier is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To ensure consideration for this position, interested/qualified applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University's website no later than April, 6, 2021 .
External applicants will not be considered for this position.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Human Development & Family Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati