Associate Director, Community Relations & Public Relations
The Associate Director of Community Relations and PR supports the University’s mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, respect, personalization, commitment to our community, accountability and ownership.
The Associate Director of Community Relations and PR is the lead manager responsible for conceptualizing, developing, coordinating and facilitating the implementation of marketing efforts related to commitment to community relations and being a valued neighbor in those communities that we serve.
This position will also be responsible for managing public relations efforts, directing publicity programs and campaigns, and being a spokesperson on the University’s point of view on important issues. This position requires close coordination and communication with deans, faculty and administration. In addition, this person is required to work successfully with representatives from various communities, organizations and neighborhoods with respect to the diverse populations and cultures, serves and seeks to serve. This position strives to achieve fulfillment of its community relations mission to the greatest extent practicable. This position reports directly to the Director of Communications, Publications and PR.
Necessary qualifications include:
- Excellent verbal, written and digital communications skills
- Ability to work effectively and independently with various levels of faculty and administrative managers as well as community leaders and representatives
- Strong leadership qualities and experience
- Ability to effectively represent in its work with diverse communities
Qualifications/Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
1. Masters degree in public relations, communications, marketing; or related field.
2. Minimum 5 years experience in community work.
3. Excellent communications skills, both written, digital and verbal.
4. Ability to work effectively and independently with all levels of faculty and administration.
5. Strong leadership qualities and leadership experience.
6. Demonstrated program development and implementation skills.
7. Ability to represent the University effectively in a variety of settings and with diverse communities. Demonstrated understanding and appreciation for diverse cultures.
Marketing - Admin
All offers of employment are contingent upon a satisfactory background check.
Fairfield University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, committed to excellence through diversity, and, in this spirit, particularly welcomes applications from women, persons of color, Veterans, and members of historically underrepresented groups. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with a disability.
Load a resume or CV first, then upload supporting documents including a cover letter at the bottom of the third page under the "My Experience" section where it says to upload a Resume/CV. You will be able to upload up to 5 other documents in this section. You will be unable to edit your application, so please have all documents available before applying. Faculty Positions : If you need to upload more than 5 documents, please either combine them to upload or email the additional documents to the applicable contact in the job description. Staff positions : If you need to upload more than 5 documents, please either combine them to upload or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Fairfield
- Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Fairfield
- Other Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Fairfield
- Public Relations & Advertising Not specified Full Time jobs in Fairfield
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fairfield