Coordinator, Sport Programs
The Sports Programs Coordinator will assist in the operation, development, and growth of Sport Programs for Campus Recreation including Intramural Sports and Sport Clubs. Oversees daily operations of the Sport Programs including but not limited to: program scheduling, staff supervision, advising of sport clubs, training, and risk management.
Typical duties may include but are not limited to:
Sport Programs Administration
• Assist in the development, planning, and implementation of Sport Programs, including intramural sports, sport clubs, and special events.
• Develop and implement marketing and promotional programs for Sport Programs. Engages the FGCU community to participate in sport offerings through strategic marketing and outreach initiatives.
• Coordinate data collections, participant surveys, and program assessments to advise program recommendations.
• Assist in establishing, implementing, and evaluating the operating policies and procedures of all assigned Sports programs. Ensures programs operate within departmental and university guidelines for risk management, fiscal operations, and personnel administration.
• Assist with purchase and maintenance of necessary equipment and supplies, including contract negotiations related to purchasing and leasing of equipment. Prepares requisitions and/or purchase orders.
• Ensures all associated equipment is operated, managed, and maintained in a safe manner.
•Assist with the implementation of various special event programs for department.
Intramural Sport Administration
•Assist in administering the intramural programs based on current trends to provide innovative recreational sports opportunities that meet the needs of the FGCU community
•Responsible for developing, planning, and managing intramural sport leagues and tournaments through FusionIM.
•Responsible for conducting staff and officials’ trainings, participant meetings, as well as any participant or staff disciplinary meetings as necessary
Sport Club Administration
•Provides leadership oversight of sport clubs programs to include risk management, fiscal management, travel, and adherence to policies and procedures.
•Serves as advisor to sport club officers and participants
•Assists with the development, management, and distribution of organizational budgets including fundraising strategies
•Supervise the Sport Club Executive Council, responsible for budget allocations, sport club discipline, community service, and additional projects
Student Development and Supervision
•Assists with hiring, training, and supervising student workers and temporary support staff that support operations for approximately 35+ sport programs (Officials, Sport Supervisors, and Sport Program Assistants).
• Coordinates staff trainings and in-services with a focus on student development, leadership education, and operation efficiency.
•Manages Sport Programs’ mentor program; upholds and implements disciplinary and recognition initiatives while fostering team unity
•Serve as essential personnel and assists in the event of an emergency on campus.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Recreation Management, Sports Administration, or closely related field.
Two years of experience in intramural sports, sport clubs, or related field.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience, and/or certifications may be considered.
Experience operating a personal computer and proficient in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
Current CPR, First Aid, and AED certifications or able to obtain within three months of employment.
Valid driver’s license.
Master’s degree from an accredited institution in Recreation Management, Sports Administration, or closely related field.
Two years of experience in training students staff members in sport programs
One year of management and supervisory experience in a college or university setting.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Knowledge of comprehensive, competitive and recreational sport programs.
Knowledge of inventory control principles and methods.
Knowledge of marketing principles including promotion, fundraising, and public relations.
Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects.
Demonstrated skill with scheduling, event planning, and logistics coordination.
Ability to prepare financial reports and accounting records.
Ability to manage a budget and work within constraints of that budget.
Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse group of colleagues, students, and the general public.
Ability to work successfully as both a member of a team and independently with minimal supervision.
Ability to take initiative to plan, organize, coordinate and perform work in various situations when numerous and diverse demands are involved.
Ability to interpret and apply laws, regulations, policies and procedures consistently.
Ability to work evenings, nights and weekends as necessary.
$37,000 - $41,000
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers