Web Support Specialist
Job Code/Title 81991 - H - IT Developer/Programmer 1 Position Number HU1316 Working Title Web Support Specialist Department ALT Lab Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $22.00 Campus Monroe Park Campus Position Type Hourly Hours/Week 20hrs/wk Normal work days Normal work hours Job Category Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical No Description of the Job
This position will help to support the development, maintenance, and usage of various web-based learning platforms that are used by faculty, staff, and students and supported by ALT Lab. Ideal candidates will have some basic experience developing or supporting web-based technology, although we are open to helping candidates without previous experience develop the needed skill sets through hands-on mentorship.
Here are some things you could help us with depending on skills and interest:
- Basic maintenance and support of a large WordPress multisite instance, which could include password resets, theme and plugin troubleshooting, and end-user support
- Write SQL queries to analyze user data and produce actionable insights and reports using Google Sheets or Excel
- Create basic automation scripts in Google Apps Script to streamline workflows for different stakeholders
- Existing skills in technology or design, or the desire to learn those skills through hands-on projects under general supervision
- Fluency with Google Workspace products (e.g. Google Docs, Gmail, Google Sheets)
- Excellent communication skills in face-to-face, Zoom, email, and Slack interactions, and the insight to know when each medium is most appropriate
- Ability to conduct internet research to solve documented technical problems
- A current graduate student in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a design-related program at VCU
- Experience in WordPress, T4, or another popular content management system
Job Open Date 03/22/2021 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Additional Information
Primary consideration will be granted to current VCU Graduate level students
Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/104475 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Where did you hear about this position?
- VCU Website
- Professional Diversity Network
- Richmond SHRM
- If you selected 'Other' for your referral source, please
indicate where you heard about this posting? (If you did not select
'Other,' please enter 'n/a.'
(Open Ended Question)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond