Welding Laboratory Specialist - PT Flex
Posting Number S01368 Position Title Welding Laboratory Specialist - PT Flex Internal Position Title Department Engineering/Math/Phy Sci Div Position Type Part-Time Flex Job Family Part-Time Flex Job Summary
The Welding Laboratory Specialist will work closely with the instructor to set up and prepare equipment in shop for lab exercises. The Lab Specialist will also help the instructor organize the shop and maintain shop tools in the welding shop.
The College of Lake County ( CLC ) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in setting-up and operating welding equipment.
- Must be able to work from 6:00pm – 9:50pm.
- Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Enrollment in a welding career program or completion of such a program and completion of General Welding WLD170.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
Posting Date 03/22/2021 Closing Date Expected Start Date 03/27/2019 Special Instructions Summary
This is a part-time flex position and employment shall be on an at-will basis, the duration of which shall be in accordance with the needs of the College of Lake County.
Part-time flex employees are not eligible to participate in any benefits program at the College, including tuition reimbursement, tuition waiver, health insurance or paid time off.
Pay Rate $16.55 Full-Time/Part-Time Part-Time Location Grayslake Total Hours per week varies Work Schedule
Software Testing Required None Interview Process Requirements None EEO Statement
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Summary of Essential Functions
-Maintain, set up and take down equipment.
-Maintain a list of equipment used by students and instructors.
-Assist instructors during, before and after class with all equipment set up and take down.
-Other duties assigned by Department chair.
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent?
- * Do you have experience in setting-up and operating welding
- * Are you able to work from 6:00pm - 9:50pm?
- * Are you currently enrolled in a welding career program or
have completed such a program and completion of General Welding
- * Are you bilingual in Spanish and English?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Availability Schedule
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake