Senior Data Governance Analyst
We are a community committed to preparing students to be educated and enlightened citizens who lead productive and meaningful lives.
To be the national model for the engaged university: engaged with ideas and the world.
Who We Are
Established in 1908, James Madison University is a comprehensive public institution offering undergraduate, masters and doctoral programs to more than 20,000 students. JMU is regarded as one of the finest regional universities in the nation and has been continuously cited in U.S. News and World Report, Changing Times and Money Magazine as an outstanding public university. Located in the heart of Virginia’s beautiful Shenandoah Valley, the city of Harrisonburg is approximately 120 miles from Washington, D.C. and Richmond, VA. Known for its livability, diversity, local food, arts and natural surroundings, this Virginia Main Street community is a great place to live and work.
The Data Governance Analyst serves as a point of escalation for governance, data quality and protection issues and will work closely with Business and Functional area leadership to improve the quality and value of core data assets and support the strategic requirements of the department. They will need to be able to:
- Lead organization-wide data governance activities with responsibility for improving the quality and managing information assets.
- Help support the overall university data management initiatives with a primary focus on leading the university wide data governance program.
- Focus on building and establishing data governance policies to achieve data consistency and data quality to meet university needs and privacy standards.
- Have the ability to work with Functional, Business and IT teams as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Establish, in conjunction with IT, Information Systems and university data stewards and data managers, an enterprise data governance implementation roadmap including strategic priorities for development of information-based capabilities
- Work with leadership to define roles and responsibilities related to data governance
- Facilitate the development and implementation of data management and data quality standards
- Lead Data Governance tactical team comprising resources from the Business and Functional areas and IT business and operations functions,
- In conjunction with the IT leadership, provide progress reports and provide decision recommendations to Data Governance Steering team
- Collect and document current state of data processes being followed in different business units for further analysis
- Contribute to identification and execution of continuous improvement opportunities for Data Governance Program operations
- Manage governance team meetings, document the issues discussed, recommendations made, and follow up items with assignments
- Demonstrated change management concepts and strategies including excellent communication skills
- Bachelors Degree in a related discipline
Desired Skills Leadership
- Ability to articulate vision of transformation efforts and a sense of mission
- Willingness to promote change and provide direction
- Excellent analysis and project management skills
- Proven ability to break down complex problems and projects into manageable goals
People Management and Development
- Excellent writing skills, with the ability to create clear requirements, specifications and documentation
- Effectiveness in building trust, respect and cooperation among teams
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience with a higher education organization, with large-scale data or project management and oversight experience.
- Knowledge of industry leading data quality and data management practices
- Knowledge of Data Governance practices
- Masters in Computer Science, MIS, or Information Management
James Madison University is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Harrisonburg
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Harrisonburg
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Harrisonburg
- Technology Administration/Other Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Harrisonburg