About SUNY Empire State College:
SUNY Empire State College was established in 1971 by Dr. Ernest Boyer as a distinctive statewide institution focused on innovative, nontraditional teaching and learning.
SUNY Empire is part of the State University of New York system and is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. With headquarters in Saratoga Springs, New York, SUNY Empire primarily serves working adults pursuing associate, bachelor's and master's degrees online and onsite at locations in every region of the state and abroad.
The college's 50-year commitment to flexible, individualized learning is represented by faculty mentors who guide students throughout their academic studies, the ability for students to build individualized degree plans, the award of credit for learning gained from life and work experience, world-class academic and social student-support communities, and flexible course delivery methods that meet students' diverse learning preferences. The college boasts more than 89,000 successful alumni and partners with nearly 16,000 students each year who want to expand their personal and professional horizons.
SUNY Empire State College is committed to creating a multicultural, inclusive academic and work environment. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We believe that a diverse faculty is critical to academic excellence and prepares students to live and work in an increasingly global world.
We are pleased to offer our employees a generous compensation and benefits package. We also offer professional-development activities for professionals and support staff, as well as faculty-development opportunities that encourage pursuit of disciplinary and community-focused research, scholarship of teaching and learning, and leadership development. Faculty-development opportunities include our annual Fall Academic Conference and the annual Institute on Mentoring, Teaching and Learning.
SUNY Empire State College seeks a skilled full-time Programmer/Analyst (State Title: Programmer-Analyst) in Information Technology Services to support the college's enterprise administrative systems. The Programmer/Analyst performs analysis, programming, testing, documentation and assists with the support of the Ellucian Banner student information system in a higher education environment using project management methodology.
- Support and maintain the student information system modules.
- Diagnose and resolve problems in the maintenance and support of administrative applications.
- Analyze existing business processes to realize efficiencies while providing excellent student and staff support.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills a must. Ability to work in rapidly changing technological and team-oriented environment is essential.
- Associate's degree with 3 years' relevant job experience; or a bachelor's degree with 1 years' relevant job experience.
- Demonstrated experience working with relational databases including complex SQL statements and schemas.
- Ability to analyze the business processes of the functional areas of the college.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in (Information Systems) or related field.
- Experience supporting student information systems (Ellucian Banner, Colleague, etc.) or customer relations management system.
- Experience with one or more of the following:
- Reporting tools such as ARGOS, COGNOS, etc.
- Oracle RDBMS, Microsoft SQL Server or MySQL.
- PL/SQL, Java, Groovy, Grails Framework, OOP, XML, JSON.
- May involve occasional travel.
- VISA sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Occasional weekend and evening work.
- This position is located in Saratoga Springs.
Rank/Salary: $48,000-$55,000, commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus excellent benefit package.
Empire State College is an EOE employer.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE ADA COORDINATOR AT (518) 587-2100, ext. 2240. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2100, ext. 2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY WEBSITE AT http://www.esc.edu/safety-security
Applications Due By: Applications accepted until position is filled.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit the following documents, which are required for consideration by clicking on the link below:
- Cover letter
- Name and contact information of three references
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Computer Services & Information Technology Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Technology Administration/Other Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs