Social Media and Digital Content Manager
About SUNY Empire State College:
SUNY Empire State College was established in 1971 by Dr. Ernest Boyer as a distinctive statewide institution focused on innovative, nontraditional teaching and learning.
SUNY Empire is part of the State University of New York system and is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. With headquarters in Saratoga Springs, New York, SUNY Empire primarily serves working adults pursuing associate, bachelor's and master's degrees online and onsite at locations in every region of the state and abroad.
The college's 50-year commitment to flexible, individualized learning is represented by faculty mentors who guide students throughout their academic studies, the ability for students to build individualized degree plans, the award of credit for learning gained from life and work experience, world-class academic and social student-support communities, and flexible course delivery methods that meet students' diverse learning preferences. The college boasts more than 89,000 successful alumni and partners with nearly 16,000 students each year who want to expand their personal and professional horizons.
SUNY Empire State College is committed to creating a multicultural, inclusive academic and work environment. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We believe that a diverse faculty is critical to academic excellence and prepares students to live and work in an increasingly global world.
We are pleased to offer our employees a generous compensation and benefits package. We also offer professional-development activities for professionals and support staff, as well as faculty-development opportunities that encourage pursuit of disciplinary and community-focused research, scholarship of teaching and learning, and leadership development. Faculty-development opportunities include our annual Fall Academic Conference and the annual Institute on Mentoring, Teaching and Learning.
The Social Media and Digital Content Manager is an integral part of telling SUNY Empire's story across multiple channels on both owned and paid spaces. Supervised by the Director of External Communications within the Office of Communications and Marketing, and ultimately following the directives of the Assistant Vice President (AVP) of Communications and Marketing, the social media and digital content manager acts as the digital voice of SUNY Empire, helping promote the college, its programs, students, alumni, across multiple social media platforms while also remaining true to the mission and values of the college and SUNY system at large. The Social Media and Digital Content Manager will also be responsible for updating content on the college's web site.
The Social Media and Digital Content Manager works closely with director of external communications, director of internal communications, and the digital marketer, to help develop, implement, and manage a plan that aligns with the college's strategic priorities. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Develop and implement an organic social media strategy for the college's main platforms not limited to: daily, weekly, monthly, and annual. Includes campaign-specific and overall strategy.
- Oversee content development, design, and scheduling for all organic content on SUNY Empire's primary social media channels, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram channels, and social sharing site Flickr.
- Explore additional outlets for increasing visibility (example: TikTok).
- Schedule quarterly and annual analytics reporting meetings to review metrics.
- Track and measure key performance indicators.
- Develop ongoing strategy to increase engagement.
- Assist other departments within the college with their social media strategy, and ensure brand standards and messaging are aligned with OCM-issued guidelines.
- Collaborate with others throughout the college to gather content and update the college's web site
- Bachelor's degree or above in digital media, marketing, communications or journalism
- 3+ years' experience in digital media, marketing, communications, journalism or related film
- Experience planning strategic communications or outreach campaigns
- Proficiency in a variety of social media platforms, especially Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat, and others
- Proficiency in social media management and reporting platform Agorapulse
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, notably Word and Outlook
- Self-starter who will take initiative and bring new ideas and concepts to the team
- Basic knowledge of web design platforms like Terminal 4 or Wordpress
- Basic knowledge of content management systems such as Sharepoint
- Knowledge of Associated Press style
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Position located in Saratoga Springs, NY
- Some travel may be required
- VISA sponsorship is not available for this position
Rank/Salary: Competitive/commensurate with experience.
Empire State College is an EOE employer.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE ADA COORDINATOR AT (518) 587-2100, ext. 2240. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2100, ext. 2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY WEBSITE AT http://www.esc.edu/safety-security
Applications Due By: Applications accepted until position is filled.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit the following documents, which are required for consideration by clicking on the APPLY NOW button:
- Cover letter
- Name and contact information of three references
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Public Relations & Marketing (Campus) Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs