Digital Learning Project Coordinator (SUNY Online)
About SUNY Empire State College:
SUNY Empire State College was established in 1971 by Dr. Ernest Boyer as a distinctive statewide institution focused on innovative, nontraditional teaching and learning.
SUNY Empire is part of the State University of New York system and is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. With headquarters in Saratoga Springs, New York, SUNY Empire primarily serves working adults pursuing associate, bachelor's and master's degrees online and onsite at locations in every region of the state and abroad.
The college's 50-year commitment to flexible, individualized learning is represented by faculty mentors who guide students throughout their academic studies, the ability for students to build individualized degree plans, the award of credit for learning gained from life and work experience, world-class academic and social student-support communities, and flexible course delivery methods that meet students' diverse learning preferences. The college boasts more than 89,000 successful alumni and partners with nearly 16,000 students each year who want to expand their personal and professional horizons.
SUNY Empire State College is committed to creating a multicultural, inclusive academic and work environment. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We believe that a diverse faculty is critical to academic excellence and prepares students to live and work in an increasingly global world.
We are pleased to offer our employees a generous compensation and benefits package. We also offer professional-development activities for professionals and support staff, as well as faculty-development opportunities that encourage pursuit of disciplinary and community-focused research, scholarship of teaching and learning, and leadership development. Faculty-development opportunities include our annual Fall Academic Conference and the annual Institute on Mentoring, Teaching and Learning.
SUNY Empire State College is seeking a motivated, creative, and proactive professional to support the college's digital teaching and learning activities, including the college's participation in SUNY Online. Drawing on strong communication and problem-solving skills, and working as part of a multidisciplinary team, the successful candidate will support the Office of Digital Learning, Innovation, and Strategy. This position will coordinate innovative learning initiatives, implementing new approaches to delivering high quality online courses using experimental models and methods, and working with the course development teams and processes to make improvements in service of student learning. Preparation of written and multimedia materials, including materials for distribution to college and external stakeholders will constitute a portion of the role. The successful candidate will be adept at tracking, using, and presenting relevant data in support of project goals.
- Prepare reports, proposals, and correspondence for Dean of Digital Learning
- Attend meetings related to projects being coordinated
- Coordinate academic planning for SUNY Online courses and programs
- Conduct environmental scanning across higher education to identify successful high-impact practices
- Monitor academic quality markers in digital teaching environments and taking action based on established workflows and policies
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. university or comparable non-U.S. university.
- Proven record of exercising good professional judgment
- Ability to conduct independent research
- Ability to understand, utilize, present, and organize data
- Expertise in using Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team
- A master's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. university or comparable non-U.S. university
- Experience working with Learning Management System
- Familiarity with Airtable
- Familiarity with post-secondary education, such as one might gain with post-secondary teaching experience
- This is a temporary position and is contingent on funding, and may be renewable
- This position is located in Saratoga Springs
- VISA sponsorship is not available for this position
Empire State College is an EOE employer.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE ADA COORDINATOR AT (518) 587-2100, ext. 2240. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2100, ext. 2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY WEBSITE AT http://www.esc.edu/safety-security
Applications Due By: Applications accepted until position is filled.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit the following documents, which are required for consideration by clicking on the link below:
- Cover letter
- Name and contact information of three references
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Curriculum & Instructional Development Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Other Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs