Software Architect- Remote Opportunity
Software Architect- Remote Opportunity
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students, faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
Our locations—in Boston; Charlotte, North Carolina; London; Portland, Maine; San Francisco; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto; Vancouver; and the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and Nahant—are nodes in our growing global university system. Through this network, we expand opportunities for flexible, student-centered learning and collaborative, solutions-focused research.
Northeastern's comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs— in a variety of on-campus and online formats—lead to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Among these, we offer more than 195 multi-discipline majors and degrees designed to prepare students for purposeful lives and careers.
About the Opportunity:
The division of Information Technology Services is currently seeking a talented individual to fill the role of Software Architect for Salesforce. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing software solutions to address complex business issues, and providing technical leadership within the Information Technology Services department. The ideal applicant will able to thrive in a highly collaborative workplace and actively engage in the development process. We are looking for someone with impressive Salesforce architectural design background and excellent interpersonal skills. To ensure that essential services are provided to the university community, the employee will be required to work outside their regular working hours as needed.
- Collaborate with technical and functional groups in a matrix team environment to determine the architectural requirements for moving to Northeastern's Salesforce's instance to the EDA architecture.
- Collaborate with technical and functional groups in a matrix team environment to determine the architectural requirements for developing new applications.
- Develop high-level product specifications with attention to performance, scalability, security, reusability and system integration.
- Communicate all architectural concepts and guidelines to the development teams.
- Oversee progress of development team to ensure consistency with initial design.
- Design, document and promote core architectural frameworks and components to be used as standard building blocks for development teams to use.
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility, performance and scalability etc.
- Experience in software development and coding in various languages (APEX, Java etc.)
- Troubleshoot code level problems quickly and efficiently.
Development of in-house Applications
- Write the program code required to implement the specifications. Test the application in controlled, real situations before going live. Develop end user documentation when required
Provide High level Technical Customer Support
- When necessary, help to resolve any advanced technical trouble tickets or requests. Work through issues related to customization/implementation upgrades or new installs of applications.
- 5+ years' experience as a Technical Architect with demonstrated leadership driving an organizational transformation in a matrixed organization.
- 10+ years of Salesforce Experience including Extensive Salesforce knowledge and experience, including end to end implementation
- Expert level understanding of the Salesforce product suite, including Sales, Service, Community, Marketing, and Community Clouds
- Deep understanding of Salesforce best practices and design principles
- Strong technical knowledge of Lightning, including Lightning Component development
- Experience with complex integrations, integration strategies, and tools; MuleSoft experience a plus
- Exposure to field service business processes and practices. Salesforce Service cloud and Field Service Lightning experience preferred
- Experience with Agile development and release practices.
- Ability to deliver integration projects using established integration technologies and EAI tools.
- Proven ability to design and optimize business processes and to integrate business processes across disparate systems.
- Experience with web and/or cloud application development with the Salesforce platform, Heroku, SpringSource, Amazon RDS, Azure, J2EE or .Net.
- Experience designing technical solutions across Salesforce clouds or technology stacks, i.e., Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud, and AWS.
- A thorough understanding of XML, JSON, SQL, and Object-Oriented Design Patterns.
- Experienced in Salesforce Triggers, Batch Jobs, and Process Builder
- Experienced with data extraction, transformation and load tools.
- Detail-oriented and motivated individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies.
- Confident leader and communicator.
- Customer success-oriented with a relentless focus on making our customers successful.
- Resourceful and strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to develop processes and methodologies.
- Team player with an ability to align a team, with strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, MIS or equivalent.
- Higher Education experience including experience with Salesforce's Higher Education Architecture (EDA).
- Ability to define and deliver custom enterprise applications on the Salesforce platform.
- Completion of several Salesforce.com projects in development and lead technical roles.
- Expertise in Single Sign-On (SSO), Master Data Management (MDM), Social Enterprise Technologies and Data Warehousing.
- Salesforce Platform Developer I, Platform Developer II, Application Architect, System Architect, Technical Architect certifications.
A criminal background check is required for this role.
This is a remote opportunity.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/505910