Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students, faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
Our locations—in Boston; Charlotte, North Carolina; London; Portland, Maine; San Francisco; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto; Vancouver; and the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and Nahant—are nodes in our growing global university system. Through this network, we expand opportunities for flexible, student-centered learning and collaborative, solutions-focused research.
Northeastern's comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs— in a variety of on-campus and online formats—lead to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Among these, we offer more than 195 multi-discipline majors and degrees designed to prepare students for purposeful lives and careers.
About the Opportunity:
In late 2018, the Northeastern Center for Entrepreneurship Education (NUCEE) initiated the Mosaic Fellowship. The Mosaic Fellowship is a one-year position designed to address the current needs of Mosaic, the network of student-led organizations in Northeastern's entrepreneurship ecosystem. The mission of Mosaic is contribute to and participate in our community of builders, leaders and student-led organizations by supporting collaboration and experiential learning to enable building, leading and creating significant value for entrepreneurs and their ventures. The Mosaic Fellows will support the experiential programming that is the distinguishing characteristic of Northeastern University's entrepreneurship ecosystem. The Mosaic Fellowship is ideal for a recent undergraduate or graduate alumnus with experience in Northeastern's entrepreneurship ecosystem.
The Mosaic Fellowship emphasizes listening to and providing for the needs of the community, and therefore each Mosaic Fellowship will begin with a specific focus and will seek candidates with the skills and interests relevant to that focus. It's also important for the Mosaic Fellow to be able to work independently and across disciplines within the University. This Mosaic Fellowship, beginning in July 2021, will focus on community enhancement and support, marketing + brand development, and program development and management.
Supporting and Enhancing Community of Mosaic Organizations
- Support a transition back from remote only to a hybrid of remote and in person as we emerge from the pandemic.
- Monitor digital communities for Mosaic students, alums, and advisors, including Slack™ workspaces, Facebook groups, and various other platforms.
- Plan and execute on events that support the extended Mosaic community of student and alumni builders and leaders.
- A “kickoff” event each semester for current students & ongoing meet & greet events.
- Regular student leadership meetings with the executive leaders of Mosaic organizations, including high-level conversations about their goals for their time in Mosaic, peer-to-peer learning, workshops with outside speakers as relevant, and end-of-year handoff.
- Regular leadership speaker series for Mosaic student management team members.
- An “end of year” event in April that celebrates the community and sends off the graduating seniors.
- Support onboarding & reviewing new student-led groups to Mosaic.
- Coordinate with existing Mosaic organizations to support Pathfinder, a program that will steer incoming freshmen into Mosaic.
- Support and promote Mosaic values, including: empowerment, inclusivity, collaboration and life-long experiential learning.
Marketing + Brand Development
- Build external and internal partnerships by representing the Mosaic community at various functions, including potential donor meetings, meetings of the Mosaic Council, and events hosted by groups in the Boston entrepreneurship community.
- Maintain and grow the Mosaic website, social media accounts, and blog, including developing and curating content, encouraging the use of the Mosaic calendar and building out new pages and features to promote and build an understanding of the Mosaic community-based entrepreneurship model and mission and consequential student experience.
- Communicate on behalf of Mosaic, including the ownership of Mosaic's email address, internal newsletters to Mosaic's stakeholders, Mosaic Council communications and creation + distribution of marketing materials for various Mosaic functions.
Program Development and Support
- Develop relationships to connect resources and facilitate knowledge sharing with external stakeholders (both within and beyond the University) and internally between the Mosaic organizations.
- Oversee data collection and reporting of key metrics and the state of Mosaic to Mosaic organizations, internal stakeholders, and other university stakeholders as relevant.
- Create, document, and maintain digital systems and resources that facilitate the operations of Mosaic organizations and the Fellow's ability to support them.
Bachelor's Degree and experience with exposure to a startup work environment/culture required. Proven experience and demonstrable ability to organize student teams for extracurricular activities are both required. Candidates must exhibit a strong interest in fostering entrepreneurship and innovation. Candidates must have strong organizational skills and communication skills, both for oral and written reporting, as well as organizing the preparation of high caliber materials for external consumption. This person must be able to effectively work with a broad range of younger student as well as alumni and faculty stakeholders.
The primary work location for this position is the Boston MA Northeastern University Campus Location. Until our full return to campus, which is still to-be-determined, this interview process will be conducted remotely- including virtual interviews, remote onboarding and remote work. The remote nature of this position is subject to change in the future and is only temporary. Local, on-campus work will be required once the College and this role return to an operational status that supports it.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/505905