DIRECTOR, FLEXIBLE LEARNING AND ACADEMIC INTEGRITY OFFICE OF TEACHING AND LEARNING
Director, Flexible Learning and Academic Integrity Office of Teaching and Learning - Competition ID: 770
About Kwantlen Polytechnic University
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is an innovative, transformative and ambitious post-secondary institution that serves the needs of Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, and beyond.
With campuses in Richmond, Surrey-Newton, Surrey City Centre, Surrey-Cloverdale and Langley, KPU has opened the doors to success for more than 250,000 students over its 40-year history.
KPU is a teaching university, delivering degree programs, credentials in technology and trades, career and preparatory studies, and professional education.
As Canada’s only polytechnic university, KPU emphasizes applied degree education and is committed to broad-based undergraduate learning that prepares students for successful and rewarding careers while also providing them with the ethical framework and critical understanding necessary for good citizenship.
Anticipating a future that will continue to change the way we work and live, KPU has a unique polytechnic strategy focused on making the world a better place through access to lifelong, meaningful education.
KPU is seeking a dynamic Director, Flexible Learning and Academic Integrity. The Director of Flexible Learning and Academic Integrity is responsible for university-wide project management and operations in the development, implementation, coordination, evaluation, promotion, and growth of Continuing & Professional Studies (CPS) to facilitate revenue generation. The Director also provides leadership and coordination for the development and implementation of strategies to help strengthen Academic Integrity (AI) and Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR). As a member of the leadership team of the Teaching & Learning Commons, the Director of Flexible Learning and Academic Integrity provides input and feedback to the Associate Vice President, Teaching & Learning on the development of the department’s strategies for CPS, AI, and PLAR.
The Director of Flexible Learning and Academic Integrity identifies trends, understanding emerging and innovative delivery modalities, and market needs in order to identify, develop and deliver high quality non-credit programs and best-in-market experiences for CPS students. This leader will also develop and oversee the implementation of an institutional strategy for AI in orderto build a campus culture that values academic integrity. Additionally, the Director provides visionary leadership for the application of PLAR within Kwantlen Polytechnic University to provide flexible pathways to post-secondary study for mature and non-traditional learners.
This role reports to the Associate Vice President, Teaching and Learning. Reporting directly to this position are the Divisional Business Manager, Continuing & Professional Studies and the Project Coordinator & Learning Navigator.
Want to know more about what you’d be doing?
Visit our careers site https://www.kpu.ca/hr/career-opportunities for more information.
We are we looking for:
A visionary leader who can work in a highly collaborative environment to leverage existing CPS programming, while overseeing the curation and design of new programs and delivery methods to meet the needs and expectations of 21st century learners. This leader will also have the following qualifications:
- Advanced oral and written communication
- Open, straightforward, responsive and willing to share information with Able to be empathetic. Able and willing to work across unit and institutional boundaries.
- Demonstrated ability to consult with, train and support a variety of employee
- Superior ability to exercise tact, professional standards of judgement, diplomacy, discretion, and confidentiality; and to work with senior administrative and academic administrators in a manner that facilitates
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with others in a manner that maintains and enhances respectful, collegial, and collaborative relationships and an inclusive work
- Experience with strategic planning and skilled at change
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development to maintain currency in pedagogical practice, principles and theories related to the
- Demonstrated ability to effectively serve as a member of a leadership team in a cross- functional and multi-disciplinary, unionized
- Intercampus travel may be required: possession of a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is
- Engages with industry to acquire opportunities for learning
What education & experience should you have?
- At minimum a Masters Degree in a related field is required, a PhD or EdD in a relevant field
- A minimum of a combined 10 years of progressive leadership experience in university faculty and administration, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is
- Successful direct supervisory experience of unionized and excluded staff is
- Experience in Continuing Education is
This position is based out of our Surrey campus and frequent travel between campuses may be required.
As per KPU’s COVID-19 response protocol, this position is temporarily being offered as a remote/work-from-home opportunity until further notice.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace that reflects the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
If you require employment support or accommodation, please include your request through the application process.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the safety and welfare of employees, students, and the general public, and upholding the reputation and integrity of the University.
For this reason, final applicants will be asked to undergo a background check.