ELECTROENCEPHALOGRAPHIC (EEG) TECHNICIAN
ELECTROENCEPHALOGRAPHIC (EEG) TECHNICIAN
Posting Number: SRGV4613
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Harlingen, Texas
Department: School of Medicine / Clinical Affairs
Scope of Job:
The electroencephalographic (EEG) technician will use specialized equipment and perform specialized procedures as ordered by the provider/physician to further diagnose brain abnormalities and seizure disorders. Responsible for monitoring/recording neurodiagnostic patients.
Description of Duties:
• Performs EEG studies on outpatients such as: applying electrodes on the scalp, troubleshooting, and recognition of abnormal brain wave patterns.
• Performs daily computer file and EEG recording management including archiving daily.
• Ensures the integrity of the recording and security of the recording. Prepares all study’s and sends to providers on same day.
• Performs activation procedures such as photic stimulation and hyperventilation.
• Responsible for the integrity of the equipment and recognizes problems/malfunctions with the equipment. Makes patient safe decision if any questions with the integrity of the equipment.
• Responsible for notifying supervisor or provider of patient status and changes.
• Participates in quality and safety programs and standards for all patients and staff.
• Performs EEG recordings after proper patient preparation of electrodes and per provider orders.
• Performs data analysis of EEG study.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Specific supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Vocational/Trade school degree to obtain certificate in Electroencephalography.
CPR certified and Basic Life Support (BLS) certified. Preferred: Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) Training
• One (1) years of experience and able perform all EEG recordings and manipulations that are normally presented to a patient based on the type of EEG recording ordered by the provider. Must be able to perform special maneuvers during the recording as ordered such as photic stimulation and hyperventilation and other maneuvers as ordered by the provider.
• Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish)
Use of standard office equipment. EEG recoding equipment with training in the use of the equipment and should have at least a vocational educational program.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
Tact, diplomacy, discretion, and confidentiality of medical information required in all matters.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 09/01/2020
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
*Social Security Number
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/26434