Undergraduate Pathways Manager
Undergraduate Pathways Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Job Number: 2015-1602757
Location: CA 94556, CA
Department: Graduate Education
Closing: 4/16/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary's offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary's reputation for excellence, innovation, and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning, and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
Reporting to the Sr Director of Enrollment and Student Success, the Manager of Undergraduate Pathways is the main internal and external customer service contact for the current and prospective undergraduates enrolled in KSOE programs or dual KSOE and SOLA/SOS/SEBA programs, and provides timely and efficient answers to information requests. This position will be the leader and representing KSOE to community college partners in development of transfer and articulation agreements, and Associate Degrees for Transfer (ADT) to KSOE majors and programs.
- Cultivate and administer transfer, pipeline agreements with both internal undergrad majors and local community colleges, collaborate with community college departments to insure seamless transfer into KSOE or dual SOLA and KSOE programs (eg. JCL, teacher ed, other programs to be developed.)
- Customer Service: Analyzes, evaluates and processes incoming student and faculty requests in a timely and efficient manner; assists in in the coordination and organization of pre-registration and drop/add activities; answers multiple telephone requests and provides information requests in a prompt, accurate and customer focused manner including enrollment and course scheduling information. Ensure that current regulations and procedures are communicated to students, staff and faculty. Advises students of requirements for both the College and the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
- Collaborate with other members of the Enrollment and Student Services team in the maintenance of accurate student records and College requirements using Colleague, ImageNow, and Excel programs. Evaluate and update records to reflect changes in the student's status or College regulations. Assist in the coordination and completion of the course building, registration, and add/drop activities. Creates letters concerning student enrollment status, contact students regarding registration and degree information.
- Coordinate with Enrollment Management and Student Success (ESS) team members to ensure seamless transition of admitted students from Slate to Colleague; Monitors and updates Colleague to reflect current Program of Study, degree completion and graduation requirements; Processes Degree Verification documentation.
- Collaborate with other academic departments to develop or modify dual enrollment majors, minors and certifications.
- Collaborate with other departments on campus to build relationships and leverage best practices (e.g., Registrar, financial aid, business office, advancement, information technology, college communications and centralized admissions.)
Experience and Qualifications
Education: REQUIRED: BA PREFERRED:
Experience: (years required and applicable field of experience): 3-5 years of recruiting or admissions in higher education (preferably in graduate education program)
Skills/Abilities: (e.g. computer skills, written & verbal skills, trades, laws, procedures, technical) This position requires strong planning and communication skills (oral and written), and the ability to positively represent KSOE to students, faculty and staff within and beyond the School. Excellent verbal and written skills, including public speaking skills; able to work independently and as a member of a team; high level of initiative; outstanding organizational skills and ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects/deadlines; strong proficiency in using Windows operating systems, MS Office (Word, Excel PowerPoint), knowledge of Datatel Colleague (or related ERP/CRM system) and document imaging systems, email and internet usage; experience working with databases and database management; experience working with social networking sites (ex: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter etc); strong eye for detail; ability to work cooperatively and effectively with all members of a culturally diverse campus community.
Licenses & Certifications (e.g. CPA, RN, etc.): REQUIRED: PREFERRED:
Other Requirements: (e.g. travel, weekend/evening work)
Application Instructions: Please apply online at http://jobs.stmarys-ca.edu
Include a cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the mission of the College
Saint Mary's is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.
College policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, gender stereotyping, and gender identity, taking a protected leave (e.g. family medical or pregnancy leave), or on any other basis protected by applicable laws.
Saint Mary's College annually collects information about campus crimes and other reportable incidents in accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. To view the Saint Mary's College Report, please go to the Public Safety website at http://www.stmarys-ca.edu/public-safety/annual-security-and-fire-safety-report-0. To request a paper copy please call Public Safety at (925) 631-4284. The report includes the type of crime, venue, and number of occurrences.
Please apply online at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/stmarys