Nurse - C
Nurse - C
Department: Health Services Office
Duration of Position: Academic year / Part time
Work Schedule: 11 hours/weekend, 11:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., alternating weekends, 34 weeks/year
Employee Type: Staff
Posting Date: 03/15/2021
Union Representation: CWA
Posting Number: AS051P
Pay Rate: $30.00/hour
About Vassar College
Located in the scenic Mid-Hudson Valley, Vassar College is a highly selective, residential, coeducational liberal arts college. Vassar is deeply committed to fostering a community that reflects the values of a liberal arts education and to promoting an environment of equality, diversity and inclusiveness. Vassar seeks to create a pluralistic community for all staff, faculty and students. Vassar College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer, and applications from women, individuals with disabilities and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged. Vassar College is a smoke-free, tobacco-free campus.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
The Nurse provides nursing care of adolescent/young adults in a college setting as well as occupational care of employees as needed. This position involves working with a team of health professionals and EMT students to deliver care to the Vassar College community.
- Nursing assessment and treatment of routine and urgent health
care problems including patient appointments, walk-ins, phlebotomy
- Administer care according to established nursing protocols and
standards of care.
- Maintain necessary equipment, inventory and
- Follow all regulations regarding OSHA and hazardous
- Treat scheduled patients and walk-ins.
- Collect and process laboratory specimens from
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position is not eligible for benefits.
- Two or four year nursing degree and valid RN license are
- A minimum of two years of nursing experience is
- CPR certification required.
- Allergy desensitization injection experience, phlebotomy,
immunization skills and physical assessment skills are
- Ability to work independently is a plus.
Special Instructions to Applicants
To complete your on-line application, you will be required to attach your resume, cover letter, and contact information for 3 professional references. All attachments must be in PDF format. Review of applications will begin immediately. If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources, 845-437-5820.
For full consideration applicants should apply by:
All applicants must apply online at: https://employment.vassar.edu/postings/1820.