Assistant Manager, Academic Coaches
*We are considering candidates in Maryland and Minnesota near our office "hub" locations. The Assistant Manager, Academic Coaches will lead a team of Academic Coaches through direct supervision in the Competency Based Education (CBE) programs called Tempo Learning at Walden University. The Manager will work with assigned group of Academic Coaches to provide guidance, feedback, and supervision to ensure coaches are providing quality support and guidance to best support their students in making satisfactory progress toward earning their degree. The Assistant Manager will support the team in achieving its goals through supervisory administration functions, monitoring activity, metrics, retention, data, and provide coaching and development as needed for the success of the team. The Assistant Manager will also participate/lead initiatives internally and cross-functionally to help improve the student experience. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The above statements are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to
be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and
duties. Walden University is an equal opportunity employer.
- Manage daily functions of assigned coaching team.
- Assist coaches in problem resolution and student escalations.
- Collaborate with leadership to monitor processes and programs to ensure student needs are being met and coaches are guiding students towards successful progress and program completion.
- Conduct quality monitoring for assigned coach team.
- Assist with coaching, mentoring and ongoing training and development of coaching staff.
- Monitor daily metrics, productivity reports and teams progress reports in connecting with their new and continuing students and setting them up for success.
- Review data, reports, metrics, and Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) for accuracy to ensure a high standard of student support, quality, engagement, and retention metrics are achieved.
- Assist in meeting and exceeding student satisfaction and service level agreements.
- Act as liaison between Enrollment and other key departments such as Admissions and Financial Aid to communicate changes, program updates, etc.
- Assist with the interviewing and hiring of new Academic Coach staff.
- Collaborate directly with Tempo Operations to present and improve process, policy, and training opportunities.
- Track student cohorts for accuracy and timely resolution.
- Work in conjunction with Management to conduct metrics analysis and prepare reports to present to leadership.
- Work with Leadership to develop, implement and enhance coaching policies, procedures, and ongoing management for optimal student support.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to ensure that escalated matters are strategically coordinated and addressed in a timely manner, while supporting academic integrity and University policies.
- Ensure compliance with existing University and federal policies and procedures
- Master's Degree Required
- Minimum 3-5 years of supervisory experience in a university setting or service-oriented environment
- Experience in data analysis leading to improved business processes and efficiencies.
- Strong problem solving and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effectively work with multiple databases and student platforms.
- Skilled at connecting and building rapport with other service-oriented, technical, and operational teams.
- Creative, innovative, able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt to new and rapidly changing situations.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment with tight deadlines and multiple priorities.
- Familiarity with online learning and Internet technology a plus.