Assistant Director, STEM Education, Council on Science and Technology (CST)
The Council on Science and Technology (CST) at Princeton University seeks a visionary Assistant Director with expertise in a STEM field (life sciences preferred) who will advance CST’s mission to promote STEM literacy across Princeton University and beyond through rigorous course development, creative interdisciplinary programming, and robust STEM education research. With emphasis on addressing STEM fundamentals, inclusivity, and intersections across STEM, the arts, humanities, and social sciences, the Assistant Director will support the CST in ensuring that all members of the Princeton University community, regardless of their background, experience, or discipline, can engage with, appreciate, and apply science and engineering in their everyday lives, in their careers, and in society. The appointment will be at the rank of Associate Professional Specialist level or higher.
The Assistant Director, STEM Education, reports to the Executive Director of the CST. Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with faculty to enhance existing STEM courses and develop new courses incorporating research-based teaching methods;
- Develop, enhance, and teach rigorous and engaging courses that examine the intersection of STEM and other disciplines;
- Brainstorm, explore, plan, implement, and support programming that brings together a diverse audience around topics of shared interest in STEM and the arts, humanities, and/or social sciences;
- Build collaborative relationships with colleagues at the CST, at Princeton University, and beyond, resulting in programs that advance STEM literacy;
- Engage in research on STEM teaching and learning in higher education to inform the field;
- Participate in the administration of the CST by attending meetings, providing timely updates, and engaging in CST-sponsored events;
- Assist the CST Executive Director as needed.
- Knowledge and experience with developing and teaching STEM courses and facilitating activities that deepen understanding of the STEM fundamentals, explore the societal impact of STEM, and bridge STEM with the arts, humanities and/or social sciences;
- Ph.D. in a STEM discipline required (life sciences preferred);
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and a high degree of professionalism and initiative;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Experience with and/or interest in research on STEM teaching and learning in higher education;
- Ability to think creatively, work independently and function effectively as part of a team;
- Commitment to equity as well as expanding notions of STEM literacy to include other disciplines as a means of engaging stakeholders with varied interests and expertise;
- Ability to cultivate and maintain productive professional relationships across disciplines;
- Ability to handle varied multiple and competing priorities;
- Experience with and enthusiasm for STEM education and interdisciplinary engagement.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note: This position is subject to Princeton University’s background check policy.
Please see job posting at: https://www.princeton.edu/acad-positions/position/19461
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Princeton
- Education Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Princeton
- Curriculum & Instruction Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Princeton
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Princeton
- Biology & Life Sciences Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Princeton