Oversee the day-to-day operations of grants to ensure revenues and expenditures are properly reviewed, documented, and reported and comply with the requirements of the funding body, current legislation and generally accepted accounting principles. Work closely with the Director of Restricted Funds and Grants Management to monitor and reconcile financial activity of collaborative departments including; General Accounting, Payroll, Accounts Payable, Budget, Human Resources, Office of Research Administration, and Office of Academic Administration. Manager is responsible for preparing and filing financial reports. Manage, direct and supervise four union membersResponsibilities
- Manage and direct post award administration for all restricted fund expenditures – expenditures related to grants (Federal, State, Foundation, Industry, Pharmaceuticals etc.), faculty practice plans, designated purpose funds or other restricted funds.
- Review restricted fund transactions (revenue and expense) to be processed to the general ledger ensuring proper audit evidence and approvals. Ensure the transactions adhere to generally accepted accounting principles, funding agency guidelines as well as College policy and procedures.
- Ensure all federal transactions are in accordance with the grant agreement and Uniform Guidance.
- Direct staff in approving, processing, preparing data for reports and communicating information to ensure expense activity meets agency budgetary guidelines.
- Manage grant and contract billing and invoicing.
- Monitor receivables and amounts due from agencies.
- Conduct direct cash draws as appropriate.
- Perform all task associated with the general ledger of the College’s accounting system as it relates to restricted funds, i.e., approve requisitions, purchase orders, invoices, enter budget transfers, journal entries, and other associated tasks.
- Prepare, review, and submit: Federal Transaction Report, Quarterly DoE report, PMS 272, FFRs and any other required reports. Ensure all reports are submitted on a timely basis.
- Conduct meetings with PIs to plan and settle grant related issues and encourage compliance of regulations to ensure accurate and timely payments are received by the College for cost reimbursable expenditures.
- Communicate with all internal and external sources to ensure expenditures posted to awards meet the standards necessary to certify financial reports and the scope of work required by the granting agency.
(A.) Education requirement:
Bachelor of Science-Accountancy, MS preferred.
(B.) Licenses or certifications:
(C.) Technical/computer skills:
Excel (Advanced), proficient with financial systems that meet various agency standards.
(D.) Prior experience:
Five years grant accounting experience.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Valhalla
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Valhalla
- Financial Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Valhalla
- Grants & Contracts Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Valhalla