Research Coordinator II
The Division of Thoracic Surgery is seeking an enthusiastic Research Coordinator II. The clinical research trials will focus on thoracic malignancies including lung cancer, malignant pleural mesothelioma, and lung-limited metastatic colorectal cancer, to identify and develop novel therapeutic approaches for these malignancies. This position coordinates day to day activities of research protocols which include screening, enrollment, and monitoring of research participants. Ensures accurate data collection, documentation, organization, and safety of research participants.
- Works with investigators and clinical leadership in both sponsoring and secondary site to coordinate operational processes, including document preparation and record maintenance for research studies.
- Interviews, screens and recruits patients for study; explain process and procedures to educate participant regarding the research study.
- Assists to lead a team of investigators, site managers, personnel and statisticians to complete trials with the sponsors and secondary sites.
- Assists as a liaison between BCM and multiple site coordination.
- Collects, processes, ships, and maintains paperwork for blood and/or biological specimens according to procedures outlined in study protocol.
- Responsible for retrieval and submission of test results to appropriate party. Follow up to confirm delivery and processing of test results. May provide clear and timely correspondence with patients throughout study.
- Schedules research participants for tests and procedures such as laboratory tests, x-rays, and other studies specific for the research protocol.
- Retrieve and submit test results to appropriate party.
- Corresponds with patient throughout study.
- Orders supplies and equipment.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- One year of relevant experience.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Surgery Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston