Director of Clinical Practices and Partnerships
The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina is seeking applicants for a Director of Clinical Practices and Partnerships. This is a full-time, 12-month position with responsibility for coordinating and implementing internships and field experiences for students seeking certification in the Zucker Family School of Education (ZFSOE) and recruiting/retaining future students in Teacher Education, Counseling, Literacy, and Educational Leadership programs.
The Director will develop and maintain partnerships with area school districts to enhance students' placement opportunities; work with students and faculty to coordinate field experiences, clinical internships, and student teaching; coordinate service learning experiences in local schools and community agencies; and develop and implement recruitment plans to support enrollment growth.
The Director serves as the point of contact for school administrators and teachers, community partner administrators, and ZFSOE faculty, staff, and students for all clinical experiences (i.e., field-experiences, internships, and student teaching); and for recruitment/retention activities. This position reports to the Dean of the School, and works closely with ZFSOE leadership team, all division coordinators, and faculty.
Leadership and Collaboration:
- Develop and maintain relationships with the P-12 school leadership that support and enhance ZFSOE’s mission and goals.
- Coordinate and assess clinical experiences for undergraduate and graduate students in local schools and community agencies; matching students' requirements, preferences, and availability with actual opportunities.
- Conduct pre-clinical placement meetings, trainings, and orientations for students, K-12 educators, and faculty; including South Carolina educator evaluation systems and matching intern evaluation systems.
- Provide and explain procedures and documents associated with clinical experiences to all relevant parties (e.g., students, college supervisors, cooperating teachers, and P-12 administrators, accrediting bodies).
- Collaborate with ZFSOE faculty to determine the nature of clinical experiences required for course completion and certification across multimodal learning environments.
Assessment, Certification, and Accreditation:
- Verify clinical placements meet program, school, college, state, and accreditation standards and policies; ensuring diverse experiences within P-12 schools.
- Verify students meet all graduation and South Carolina certification requirements (e.g., courses and required exams).
- Coordinate and conduct appraisal and assessment meetings with all parties to encourage and facilitate the student professional growth.
- Complete state and accreditation reports requiring field experience, internship, and/or certification data.
- Maintain databases for tracking aspects of clinical placements required for certification, accreditation, job placement, career advancement, and alumni outreach.
- Maintain current Field Experience, Internship, and Mentoring handbooks.
Recruitment and Retention:
- Develop and implement recruitment plans, including presentations to prospective students and parents and participation in networking events.
- Facilitate actions related to the retention plan in the ZFSOE.
- Collaborate with the Director of Assessment in the ZFSOE for data-sharing and collection
- Coordinate, sustain, and develop P-12, business, and community partnerships.
- Coordinate, manage, and develop ZFSOE outreach programs (e.g., Mentoring Program and Pre-Knob visits).
- Master's degree in an education-related field
- Minimum of 3 years teaching/administrative experience
- Strong background and knowledge of clinical practices
- Exceptional organizational, data analytic, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated leadership, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively in multimodal and a/synchronous environments
- Ability to develop and implement recruitment and retention plans
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
Advertised: Mar 19 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Charleston
- Education Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Charleston
- Education Administration & Leadership Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Charleston
- Administrative Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Charleston
- Academic Affairs Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Charleston