Instructor of Statistics/Information Systems
The Leeds School of Business at the University of Colorado Boulder seeks a Full-time Instructor (non-tenure-track) in Statistics/Information Systems beginning August 2021.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The University of Colorado Boulder and the city of Boulder offer a rich intellectual, cultural, recreational, and family-friendly environment. The Boulder area has been named as one of the top twenty tech cities in the country along with Denver and Colorado Springs. The University of Colorado and the Leeds School of Business are nationally recognized for the excellence of our faculty, programs, and students. Boulder is also recognized as one of the most desirable places to live in the US. By joining the Organizational Leadership and Information Analytics (OLIA) Division at Leeds, you will be part of a collegial and productive group of scholars with the highest standards of research and teaching excellence.
Please visit CU Boulder's Organizational Leadership and Information Analytics website.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
The Division of Organizational Leadership and Information Analytics within the Leeds School of Business at the University of Colorado at Boulder seeks an instructor or senior instructor to teach undergraduate, and possibly graduate, business statistics, and courses in introductory information systems and business analytics. Instructors typically teach seven classes a year and engage in service activities.
What We Can Offer
Rank and salary (range is $70,000 - $85,000) will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and based on the University of Colorado pay scale. Relocation assistance, a computer and a faculty development account will be provided.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Informed. Be Resourceful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Master’s degree in a relevant field, such as statistics, information systems, information science, or computer science.
- Demonstrated ability to teach statistical material and analytics in an applied context to midsize undergraduate classroom sections (approximately 75 students).
- Experience in innovative teaching approaches.
- Proficiency in statistical applications in Excel.
- Experience and willingness to work with a team of instructors.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Ph.D. or equivalent in a relevant field, such as statistics, information systems, information science, or computer science.
- Experience teaching with R
- Experience in Hybrid and On-Line Teaching Environments
- Experience with using iClickers or similar for formative assessment
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn Automated Machine Learning
- Experience in curriculum and programmatic development
- Experience advising students
- Management, organizational behavior/psychology teaching experience is a plus
- Ability to teach general business topics.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Records of teaching performance evaluations
During the application process you will need to enter contact information for three references and we will request letters of recommendation and additional materials, if needed, as the search progresses.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Other Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder