Professor, Collision Technology
Professor, Collision Technology
2550 Bending Branch Way, Collin College Technical Campus
Allen, Texas, 75013
We are searching for an experienced Professor, Collision Technology
Teach assigned workforce courses, including linked courses (credit/non-credit), in accordance with the course syllabus and college policy. Continue to update and revise course content and teaching methodology in order to maintain currency and relevance in the respective industry. Maintain familiarity with current texts, materials, teaching aids and techniques relative to courses within the discipline and recommend their adoption when appropriate. Establish professional relationships with respective industry partners to enhance student job and career readiness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Remain current in industry certification, designation, and state license(s) if required.
- Requests classroom and lab supplies as needed by following college procedures.
- Actively seek ways to improve instruction.
- Provide advice and/or assistance to associate faculty in regard to course content and instructional materials.
- Post and observe a minimum of six office hours per week for purposes of academic advising and student consultation at times which will be most convenient for students. Meet with students as needed by appointment.
- Advise and assist students during the ongoing registration process and as needed to improve program completion and success.
- Actively participate in discipline, division and college-wide task forces and committees for an average of two hours per week.
- Attend scheduled discipline, division and college-wide meetings and participate in official graduation ceremonies and department level recognition events.
- Actively participate in initiatives to maintain college-wide accreditation as well as maintaining standards required for discipline program review, accreditation and/or approval.
- Work with Library staff in the selection of print and non-print materials in the overall collection development of the Library.
- Establish annual objectives mutually determined with the division associate dean or director, including personal and professional growth plans.
- Maintain current knowledge and competence in the appropriate academic or workforce disciplines by engaging in industry networking events, meetings, job site visits, and conferences.
- Participate in program advisory committee meetings.
- Contribute to and participate in staff development programs.
- Participate in community activities and services. >
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
- Perform other duties as determined in consultation with the division associate dean, dean, or director.
For Lab Courses:
- Assist in maintaining a clean and organized laboratory environment and laboratory storage to optimize facility/equipment utilization and safety.
- Conduct initial troubleshooting measures on equipment and promptly labels and reports all equipment in need of repair. Ensure compliance with warranty requirements as needed and preventative maintenance on equipment as scheduled.
- Provide adequate safety and security measures to ensure student safety and protection of laboratory equipment.
Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum of two (2) years of nonteaching work experience in collision repair.
Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)/I-CAR certification required.
Community college or university teaching experience is desired.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job as duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. Collin College reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made by Collin College in its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employment Type: Full-time Faculty
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $52,025.00 - 86,092.00 *Salary is contingent upon number of contract days, education, and experience.*
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.