The Reservation Specialist is responsible for various university scheduling functions in support of Washburn University’s mission, policies, and procedures. The position requires a commitment to providing high levels of customer service to both internal and external customers.
Essential Job Functions of Position
• Assist customers (university faculty, staff, or students; community organizations and individuals) with scheduling use of facilities for meetings and events according to established policies and procedures.
• Enter reservation information, such as reservation date/s, room setup, audio/visual technology, equipment needs, and other customer-specific arrangements into computerized scheduling programs. Assist with ADA compliance through reservation requests.
• Compile and distribute promptly, complete and accurate information about all upcoming events to appropriate facility and staff to facilitate preparation.
• Communicate any changes and discuss special arrangements for each event to staff involved with the event. Notify the Facilities Manager and Director, Memorial Union of event needs to facilitate staff planning for special events.
• Complete, distribute, and file forms relative to each event, including but not limited to reservation/confirmation, waivers, and sponsorship forms.
• Generate and send statements for rental and special service charges according to the established fee schedule.
• Collect and deposit all money according to established policies and procedures.
• Read and interpret University policies governing insurance coverage and advise group representatives of policies and requirements that govern their use of facilities. Review completed forms and other documentation to evaluate compliance with policy requirements. Will work in conjunction with other university staff to assist groups with resolving issues identified during the review.
Responsible for communicating to staff and event participants any special instructions or updates related to elevator issues, inclement weather concerns, or other information necessary to maintain event participants’ safety.
• Assist other office support staff as necessary to complete daily office assignments or provide backup office coverage to other unit support staff during absences and periods of heavy workloads to ensure continued delivery of excellent customer service.
• Assist staff with collecting financial and room usage data, year-end, and special reports, as directed.
• Perform additional job-related duties as assigned or as appropriate.
Non-Essential Job Functions of Position
Education and Experience
High School diploma, GED, or equivalent. Two years of experience in hotel, higher education, or conference facility scheduling; Or completion of a course of study at the post-secondary level in Hospitality/Office Management and one year of experience providing administrative support.
Preferred: Experience with event management system ( EMS ) or other scheduling applications.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Effective communication and customer service skills.
Proficient Microsoft Office user.
Licenses, Certifications & Registrations
Additional Requirements (e.g. Physical Demands)
Campus Security Authority
Special Instructions to Applicant
Regular Business Hours
Average Hours per Week
Months per Year
Washburn is dedicated to providing a student-centered and teaching focused academic environment and a curriculum that engages the diversity of human experience across the globe. We seek candidates who are committed to Washburn’s efforts to create a climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education. Application materials should clearly articulate how the candidate will contribute to the University’s commitment to diversity and inclusion through their teaching, research, and/or service.
Washburn University is an EOE . Washburn University provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or marital or parental status.
Background Check Required?
Driving History Checked?
Drug Screen Required?
Anticipated Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
For earliest consideration apply by
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled?
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent?
- * Do you have two years of experience in hotel, higher
education, or conference facility scheduling; Or completion of a
course of study at the post-secondary level in Hospitality/Office
Management and one year of experience providing administrative
- * How many years do you have providing meeting and/or event
- * Do you have experience using Microsoft Office software?
- * Do you have experience with Event Management System (EMS) or
other scheduling applications?
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka
- Facilities Management & Physical Plant Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka